0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2015 3:55 PM by keeshy

AMD 7660D won't detect DVI and HDMI screens simultaneously

keeshy

I am trying to use a 3 monitor setup using an old VGA monitor, an ASUS LCD screen with a DVI cord and a VIZIO TV using the HDMI port on my ASUS F2A85-V Pro board. I am using the A-10 5800K which has the 7660D chip. Here is the problem:

The two monitors work just fine together as a DVI and VGA setup. But when I plug in the HDMI, the TV gets detected just fine but then the ASUS monitor goes blank. If I run the screen detection software on Catalyst Control Center or through the Windows resolution screen it won't show up.

If I unplug the HDMI cable for the TV, the ASUS turns back on and gets detected like normal.

However, if I unplug the VGA and keep the DVI (ASUS) and the HDMI (TV) plugged in, the TV will take over as main display automatically while the ASUS remains unused.

Essentially, as long as the HDMI is plugged in, the DVI port will not work.

I'm guessing this has to do with the fact that the HDMI and the DVI are both digital outputs while the VGA is analog? Is that simply a limitation of the chipset or am I able to do two digital outputs and one analog?

How do I get all three of them working together? I don't even need an extended display for all three, ideally I'd have the TV mirroring the ASUS since they share native resolutions and I just want to be able to use it for browsing the web and watching videos.

Thanks!