1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 19, 2015 12:18 PM by kingfish

Graphics driver vanished after upgrading to Windows 10

torque

I am having  Dell Inspiron 15r 5548. It is having hybrid graphics card of AMD Radeon R7 270M along with Intel HD Graphics Family 5500. Recently when I upgraded to Windows 10, there was no sign of any AMD driver installed. Also I couldn't find AMD Catalyst manager from where I used to set performances of my games. I tried installing new graphics driver compatible with windows 10 but it failed. What to do ahead?

• Re: Graphics driver vanished after upgrading to Windows 10
          kingfish

1. Using steps 1-5 , manually select your graphics drivers HERE and download/save to your desktop. Do not use automatic find and install.

2. Remove old drivers using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel****

Note: Disable all anti-virus/ anti-malware/ anti-anything while performing the installation. Very important.

FOR COMPUTERS WITH INTEL PROCESSORS***

Select AMD Catalyst Install manager and EXPRESS uninstall all AMD software including the install manager. Reboot. Install the new driver suite. Reboot.

FOR COMPUTERS WITH AMD PROCESSORS***

Select AMD Catalyst Install manager and selectively uninstall the graphics drivers and CCC only. Reboot. Install the new driver suite. Reboot.

Please note that if you choose "Custom Install" the new drivers, it will automatically install the 'Gaming Evolved' (raptr) app in addition to the drivers. If you do not wish to have raptr on your computer, choose 'Custom' install the new drivers and uncheck the box next to 'Gaming Evolved'.

This is a proven installation method that will work 99% of the time for everybody. However, there is the 1% who will need to use the 'Clean' install method. Use this if you run into issues.