1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 14, 2015 8:51 AM by kingfish

Why can I not watch any videos but I can hear the audio ?

madigan_2u

I can only hear the soundtracks from videos, I can not see the video at all. I am running windows 10 Beta but I was running Windows 7 Pro and having the same problem. I am using a ATI Radeon HD 4500 series video card. 

• Re: Why can I not watch any videos but I can hear the audio ?
          kingfish

Because the 4000 series graphics are not supported under Windows 10.

Products That Do Not Support Windows® 10

AMD Radeon™ HD 4000 Series products and older are not certified to support Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 1.2 or higher and therefore, do not have driver support for Windows® 10.

The following is a list of graphics products that do not support Windows® 10:

ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000 Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000 Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ X1### Series/ATI Mobility Radeon™ X1### Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ X### Series/ATI Mobility Radeon™ X### Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 9000 Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 8500 Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 7500 Graphics

ATI Radeon™ DDR Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 7000 Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 7000VE Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 7000LE Graphics

Windows® 10 will install the default Microsoft® Basic Display Driver (MBDD) for these graphics adapters. MBDD provides basic display functionality (low resolutions and color) on a single monitor but DOES NOT support:

Display scaling control

Multiple displays

Display rotation

Video capture

Power settings

VSync control

Brightness control on integrated display panels

AMD Catalyst™ Control Center

If your system is equipped with an AMD Radeon™ HD 4000 Series product or older, you may consider the following options:

Continue using the existing operating system.

If you have already upgraded to Windows® 10 and would like to revert back to the previous version of Windows, refer to this Microsoft page for instructions.

Upgrade to an AMD graphics product that provides Windows® 10 support. For information about resellers and product availability, visit: http://shop.amd.com

NOTE: Before upgrading ensure that your system meets the requirements of the graphics adapter, such as:

Motherboard with compatible graphics card slot

Adequate power supply unit to handle the complete system power requirements

Display with compatible connections