0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2015 7:50 AM by bigal

ATI FireGL v7200 driver, install error "Driver install: the driver package does not specify a hardware identifier"

bigal

I'm trying to install the latest drivers for my graphics adapter.  I have a 64 bit PC running Windows 7 Pro, service pack 1.  The adapter type that I have is listed as "ATI FireGL V7200 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)"

I don't understand the relationship between AMD and ATI, but I believe my graphics adapter was made by ATI Technologies Inc.

In any case, I go to the Driver and Download Center>Manually Select Your Driver, and enter the following:

Step 1: Type of System: Workstation Graphics

Step 2: Product Family: FireGL Series

Step 3: Select your product: FireGL V7200

Step 4: Operating System: Windows 7 - 64 Bit

Step 5: Display Results

There is one driver listed in the results "AMD Catalyst Display Driver", 88 MB, release date 4/8/2009

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/workstation/legacy?os=Windows%207%20-%2064&rev=8.583

I click the Download button, and save "FirePro_8.583_Vista64_77160.exe"

I run the executable.  Everything seems to be going well.  Express install (not custom).

At the end of the process, I get an error message, and view the log for details.  In the "Catalyst Install Manager Installation Report", under "Existing Packages">"ATI Display Driver", the Final Status is listed as "Fail", and when I click this link, I see the error message "Driver Install: the driver package does not specify a hardware identifier".

Is this an issue that I should be concerned about?  If so, what should I do?

Any help would be much appreciated.