0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2015 9:40 PM by j4m11k62

AMD Radeon HD7970 GHZ edition and Catalyst 15.7.1 Audio problem.

j4m11k62

I have an ASUS Matrix HD7970 GHZ edition Graphics card.  Since installing the current Version of Catalyst Control Center (15.7.1) I am having a slow degradation of Audio output from the AMD High Definition Audio Device. This seems to have something to do with the installation of the HDMI Audio Device driver.  During installation, the progress meters in the Catalyst Install Manager seems to go along fine until the very end when it reports a warning that there were installation errors.  (I had uninstalled Internet Explorer just about a month before upgrading to Windows 10 so now Internet Explorer is no longer available in Windows 10 on my computer.  Therefore, I cannot View the log to see exactly what the warning is about since the Catalyst Install Manager relies on Internet Explorer to display the log file.  This is not my primary concern since it can easily be fixed in a later version.)  Investigation revealed that the problem was due to the HDMI Audio Driver not being installed correctly.

Strangely, the HDMI Audio device works correctly immediately after the Catalyst Install Manager finishes the installation of the drivers and software despite the installation warnings.  However, after a few days the Audio begins to hang up and dramatically slows down any program that uses the HDMI Audio Output. This causes  hangups and pauses to occur in games, videos, and when system sounds are played.  I have discovered that uninstalling and reinstalling the AMD software suite fixes the problem temporarily.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the AMD software four times now and each time the computer works for a few days before it starts to hang up again.  Interestingly, If I switch the Audio output to the Realtek High Definition Audio device all of the problems disappear until I switch back to the AMD HDMI Audio output.  Unfortunately that change does me no good because I can't program my TV speakers to receive Audio input from the Realtek device's output. 

If anyone has an idea of how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.