AnsweredAssumed Answered

Windows 10 Update breaks radeon 4300 HDMI connection... Insider build 10162 worked OK   ???

Question asked by brents on Aug 10, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 13, 2015 by brents

This is a Windows 10 issue.

I have an HP Probook 4710s with an ATI Radion 4300 video card.   When I installed Windows 10 Insider build 10162 everything worked perfectly.   Specifically, I could connect to my TV via HDMI using "Windows" "P".

I just upgraded to the latest supported build. I suspect that the video driver has been "updated".   Bottom line, I now cannot connect to my TV.   "Windows" "P" says "Your PC cannot project to another screen.   Try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card."

The hardware obviously works since everything worked under build 101762.   I'm not a technical guy, but it's gotta be the software (driver).   So I'd simply like to replace the current driver with the one I had with build 10162 but I have no idea what I'm looking for.   (If I get there I'll disable future Windows 10 attempts to update this.)   Can some one please point me to the *CORRECT* driver for my system?   (i.e. the driver I had in build 10162?)    Device Manager says it is an ATI Radeon HD 4300 series.  The current (problematic) driver is

Driver Provider:     Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Driver Date:           7/15/2015

Driver Version:      15.200.1060.0

Digital Signer:       Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

I also have this question outstanding via email but I guess they are backlogged and I would like to get my TV back!   :-)

Thank you.   Regards, Brent.

Outcomes