2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2015 9:19 AM by dieter

AMD FirePro Problems

dieter

Hi first after all sorry about my bad english.

I have a problem with my  new AMD Fire Pro W5000 graphic card, is the first graphic car in my new desktop.

Desktop.

Mother Board : Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0

SSD: Kingston ssdnow 300 V 256 GB

RAM: Kingston Hyprex 2 x 8GB DDR3 1866 Hz

CPU: AMD FX 8350 4.0 GHz

Power Supply: Corsair CX750M

Graphic Card: AMD FirePro W500

Since the beginning after some hours of fine use (rendering in CAD software and Games) suddenly appear some horizontal lines and then the screen turns into pink, gray or black and sometimes the famous "blue screen" appears, and when I restart the OS, the Bios and Windows logo gone fine but when is time to show the login screen something happens and the screen turns in black. So I need to enter in safe mode an disable the drivers, in fact is the way that I have been Working.

I made all the tips that AMD suggest for troubleshooting of graphic cards, I checked the power supply, the Bios and Chipset latest version, I tried in other PCI E slots,I put a big fan with the case open, I disabled the pci spread spectrum from the bios configuration, I tried with many different driver versions, in fact I detected that the penultimate is the most stable in my case, even I tested the Graphic Card in other two Desktops, one of them a DELL with intel cpu and the problem always appears. Finally I tested another graphic card an Asus R7 260X 2GD5 in order to discard a problem with the motherboard or compatibility and it worked really fine.

I Know that looks like a driver problem but I think is a hadwere problem, even the fan is really noisy, I don´t know if is normal in this Graphic Card.

I don´t know what to do or if I'm forgetting something if someone can help me I really appreciate it.

Here some pics and vids

CAM00019.jpg

CAM00030.jpg

CAM00052.jpg

This video shows how the problem start

And this one shows the worst case