10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2015 7:26 AM by black_zion

Router recommendation?

black_zion

So, I think I may need to replace my current router, the Netgear R6250, because the 5ghz band does not work properly, causing connection drops every few seconds. I've narrowed it down to 5 choices:

Amazon.com: ASUS (RT-AC68U) Wireless-AC1900 Dual-Band Gigabit Router: Computers & Accessories 

Amazon.com: NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (R7000): Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: Linksys WRT AC1900 Dual-Band+ Wi-Fi Wireless Router with Gigabit & USB 3.0 Ports and eSATA, Smart Wi-Fi Enab…

Amazon.com: D-Link Wireless AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Gigabit Router (DIR-880L): Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: TP-LINK Archer C9 AC1900 Dual Band Wireless AC Gigabit Router, 2.4GHz 600Mbps+5Ghz 1300Mbps, 1 USB 2.0 Port …

I am strongly eying this wireless adapter, but am waiting for the price to come down and reviews to come in

Amazon.com: D-Link Systems AC1900 Ultra Wi-Fi USB 3.0 Adapter (DWA-192): Computers & Accessories

I am leaning heavily towards the Linksys because it is the most powerful and should be the most future proof. They all have crappy warranties, so that doesn't figure into anything. I would rather not get the Netgear because I seem to have about as much luck with them as Logitech. The D-Link and TP-Link are the most economical, but that usually means some corner was cut. Probably looking at a Black Friday or Christmas time period if not next year when the prices are better.