jden

R9 390: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

Discussion created by jden on Aug 7, 2015

http://i.imgur.com/M4XqeBr.png

 

So I recently bought an Gigabyte R9 390 Gaming G1 and I've been receiving this issue frequently. It happens when under load (e.g. playing games). I've update and reinstalled drivers - hell, I went as far as reinstalling the OS *and* moving from Windows 10 back to Windows 7. I've tried replicating the issue through benchmark software, but I've only managed to achieve the issue while playing games. Namely The Witcher 3 and MechWarrior Online. It does not appear to be a heat related issue as temps when the drivers crash can be relatively low (52*C) and stress test via benchmarks have maintained much higher levels of heat than I've ever achieved in games.

 

The card has not been overclocked past factory settings.

 

-----

System Specifications:

 

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

CPU:  Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.50GHz  

RAM:  16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 931MHz

Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Anniversary

Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 390 Series

PSU: Antec VP600P 600w

----

 

Thanks for your help!

 

EDIT: Formatting

Outcomes