7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2017 6:49 AM by kingfish

Windows 10 Drivers for Radeon X1300/X1550 Series? I knooow it's old!

caroldavies

I have a 32 bit system with a Radeon X1300/X1550 display adapter and I need a driver for Windows 10. Any ideas?

• Re: Windows 10 Drivers for Radeon X1300/X1550 Series? I knooow it's old!
          kingfish

The problem is, that card does not meet the minimum requirements for Windows 10. Read > FAQ: Windows® 10 Driver and AMD Graphics Product Compatibility

jmarshal30

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=Legacy1&os=Windows%20Vista%20-%2032

Install this legacy Catalyst Display Driver

Update driver from the Adapter properties

Select browse my computer

Point to the folder where the display driver was installed

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                robtaylor

Hey I just joined this to thank you. Your instructions worked perfectly, good work man!

lancemuz

Thank you for these instructions as they put me on the right path to solving my problem which was getting my Dell Optiplex 780 with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit to recognize 2 monitors plugged into an AMD ATI Radeon A92403 card.  The Display Adapter in Device Manager had been showing a generic Microsoft driver and I knew that wasn't correct.  Here are the details of what worked for me.

1. Download the Catalyst Software Suite, not WDM Integrated Driver from this ling: Legacy Display Driver
                  2. Right click on the executable and change the compatibility mode to Windows XP Service Pack 3. Not sure if this is essential but saw that someone else recommended it somewhere so I gave it a shot.
                  3. Right click on the executable and "Run as Administrator".  Proceed through installation accepting the defaults and the express settings.
                  4. Go to the Device Manager.
                  5. Right click on the Display Adapter and select Update Driver.
                  6. Select "Browse my computer for driver software" and then select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer". If you skip the 2nd part you will ultimately be told that "“The best driver software for your device is already installed”.
                  7. Navigate to C:\ATI\Support\10-02_legacy_vista32-64_dd_ccc\Packages\Drivers\Display\LH6A_INF

Voilà!

An unfortunate thing happened the next time the system booted up.  The Windows 10 icon flashed but then only the cursor appeared on a black screen.  The cursor could move but I could see nothing else. Apparently there is an issue where Windows may think it's trying to display on a non-existent monitor. I found the solution here:  Windows 10 Forums

1. Once the mouse appears press the space-bar and enter your login password or pin (yes your doing this blind). You should now be logged into Windows.
                  2. If the desktop dose not appear after 30 seconds then press Win+P keys, down arrow keys twice, and enter to extend display.

The 2nd step did not work for me but I noticed a different result each time I repeated the process.  I tried Win+P on another machine to see what it did and realized I could were several different options given. I tried arrowing down 1 time to the "Duplicate" option and that worked for me. So a little trial and error may be involved.

Lastly, I saw it mentioned that this problem could be related to Windows 10 default setting of Fast Startup and it was suggested to disable that. I have disable that but haven't yet tested a shutdown. The Fast Startup issue is mentioned here: The Pros and Cons of Windows 10’s “Fast Startup” Mode

denyz1903

I have ATI RADEON X1550 graphic card. This card not work on Windows 10 32bit system. I not happy. Help me please. I m English beginner. Sorry.

kingfish

Sorry....Win10 has some minimum requirements for graphics. The X1550 does not come close to meeting those requirements. It will never be fully functional. Best to get a new graphics card and install a 64bit version of Win10.

Windows® 10 Driver Support for Discrete AMD Radeon™ Graphics Products

Discrete AMD Graphics Products That Do Not Support Windows® 10

The following is a list of graphics products that do not have driver support Windows® 10:

• ATI Radeon™ X1### Series/ATI Mobility Radeon™ X1### Series Graphics
                      • ATI Radeon™ X### Series/ATI Mobility Radeon™ X### Series Graphics
                      • ATI Radeon™ 9000 Series Graphics
                      • ATI Radeon™ 8500 Graphics
                      • ATI Radeon™ 7500 Graphics
                      • ATI Radeon™ DDR Graphics
                      • ATI Radeon™ 7000 Graphics
                      • ATI Radeon™ 7000VE Graphics
                      • ATI Radeon™ 7000LE Graphics

Windows® 10 will install the default Microsoft® Basic Display Driver (MBDD) for these graphics adapters. MBDD provides basic display functionality (low resolutions and color) on a single monitor but DOES NOT support:

• Display scaling control
                      • Multiple displays
                      • Display rotation
                      • Video capture
                      • Power settings
                      • VSync control
                      • Brightness control on integrated display panels
                      • AMD Catalyst™ Control Center

If your system is equipped with an AMD Radeon™ X1### Series product or older, you may consider the following options:

1. Continue using the existing operating system.
                      2. If you have already upgraded to Windows® 10 and would like to revert back to the previous version of Windows, refer to this Microsoft page for instructions
                      3. Upgrade to an AMD graphics product that provides Windows® 10 support. For information about resellers and product availability, visit: http://shop.amd.com

NOTE: Before upgrading ensure that your system meets the requirements of the graphics adapter, such as

1. Motherboard with compatible graphics card slot
                      2. Adequate power supply unit to handle the complete system power requirement
                      3. Display with compatible connections
                      1 of 1 people found this helpful