So after upgrading to Windows 10 and installing the latest drivers for my R9 290X, artifacts are appearing in portraits when I'm in a group or more commonly, whenever I'm in a loading screen.
Here's all the solutions I've tried so far, to no avail:
- Running the repair option in the launcher several times.
- Reinstalling the game (twice).
- Clean uninstall and then reinstall of current (and past) AMD drivers.
- Reinstalling Directx9 and the DirectX End-User Runtimes 2010 packages.
- Lowering all the graphical settings in the game.
So far, none of this has corrected my issue. Here's some screenshots of what I am currently experiencing:
This issue ONLY happens while playing Star Wars The Old Republic; other interesting notes are that the artifacts over portraits in a group only happens when I enter and instance (although it sometimes stay after I exit it) and when going in and out of conversations. The loading screen sheananigans only seem to happen when I travel to my ship, stronghold or planet. Maybe somebody has an idea of what's happening. It's this a driver issue or is there something I can do to fix it?