0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2015 12:32 PM by lazylightning

Newer 16GB DDR3 memory modules compatible with the FX9590 coming?

lazylightning

Hi!

I purchased an FX9590 processor with an Asrock FX990 Extreme9 motherboard that has a maximum limit of 64 GB of memory, but only has four slots. Needless to say, the 16GB Kingston module they recommended in the store is actually not compatible with the AMD FX9590 processor. It took a long time to get a custom cooling system ready and I just found out the memory doesn't work with the FX9590. It's been too long of a time to take it back to the store and as it turns out, there are not yet any 16GB DDR3 1866 Mhz memory modules that are compatible with this processor. The only decent ray of hope that I will be able to use that 64GB of memory on that board is that Kingston says on it's site that my Asrock mother board has:

Maximum Memory:

32GB with current Kingston products

64GB with future 16GB module

(http://www.kingston.com/en/memory/search/Default.aspx?DeviceType=7&Mfr=ASR&Line=Motherboard&Model=83798&DisPart=&Descrip…

The key words here are "64GB with future 16GB module".

The question I have here is whether or not anyone in the industry or market has heard whether or not we can expect to really see these 16GB DDR3 1866 or 2133Mhz memory modules that are compatible with the FX9590 processor?

Best Regards,

Paul

PS Anybody want to buy a Kingston 16GB memory module for a server? It's still under warranty!