7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2015 1:01 PM by zudnic

Problem with catalyst 15.7.1 in windows 10

el3ktr0

Hi everyone!!!

Since i update my pc to windows 10 and install the last drivers i have this issue, my monitor blinks several times and i have this error message: display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has recovered.

And some times also my pc freeze with a black screen (BSOD), I tried to reinstall drivers and repair windows 10 but error persist

My pc was ok in windows 7 with my 14.12 catalyst,

Any solution please? i cant turn back to windows 7

EDIT: My video card its a MSI r9 270x

• Re: Problem with catalyst 15.7.1 in windows 10
          metagravedom

did you fresh install windows 10 or just use the upgrade?

el3ktr0

I Just upgrade from 7, but i did a clean install of the drivers with DDU and CCleaner.

If I uninstall the drivers and keep the generic that windows 10 install i have no problem, (but i cant play videogames)

Also i noted if i use google chrome and im in youutube i have flickering, a lot, with windows edge i dont have that problem :S

metagravedom

the reason i ask is because when i did the upgrade i had tons of issues with my R9 380. screen would flicker, no sound, giant mouse pointer, not being able to open a single game or youtube video without something crashing, you name the issue and i might have run into it. so what i did was look up how to do a fresh install of windows 10 after upgrade and followed the instructions. i burned a windows 10 disk, backed everything up that i wanted safe and wiped my main drive with partition magic (the upgrade corrupted my master boot record) then i reinstalled windows 10 completely fresh and then installed the drivers. i still end up losing sound from time to time but at least now i can play games. this may or may not work for you but keep in mind that windows 10 is pretty much in shambles at the moment. i have run into thousands of bugs that i have reported since i upgraded to windows 10. slowly but surely they will patch most of the bugs but until then it looks like most of us are stuck waiting for fixes.

zudnic

I asked a comparable question here. Radeon HD 6470M: Screen Flicker Under Windows 10

In my case I went back to my manufacturer, downloaded the most recent driver there, and forced Windows to use that file using the Device Manager.

This seems to have worked, although a hard error I was having the other day may be attributable to this, or a hard drive malfunction - I can't say which.