AnsweredAssumed Answered

(Solution) Windows 10 AMD 15.7 and 15.7.1 Driver (Displayport error, blank screen)

Question asked by popsnot on Aug 6, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 6, 2015 by therealnapster

Hi All,

I recently posted a few times on this forum seeking help but received no answer. I was having issues with my gaming PC which has i7m 2 x AMD 6970 factory OC going through displayport out to a 27" imac (used as target display) running at 1440p. I have not had any issues using this setup since 2011. As soon as i upgraded my drivers in Windows 7 to 15.7, screen went blank. I rolled back to Omega 14 drivers, worked again.

Then, after installing Windows 10, it updated to 15.7.1, again blank screen on 27". After a lot of fiddling, i realised that it was the 15.7 and 15.7.1 drivers. . I read somewhere to go back to the omega 14 drivers. I tried this, but windows 10 didn't seem to like the installer, the installer kept crashing. So in the end i rolled back to Windows 7, tried to 15.7.1 drivers, still no luck. I then uninstalled the 15.4.1 drivers and installed the 14 Omega drivers, and BAM! It works!! 27 inches of 1440p glory, all working again!!

I think i'll be waiting until AMD sorts out their drivers before upgrading.

I hope this helps some of you out there!

Outcomes