0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2015 4:44 PM by electrobrine

Weird graphical overlay in certain 3D rendering games.

electrobrine

I do not know if this is the best place to put this but since the common factor is an AMD chip set gpu and drivers this is where I am going to put it.

about a year ago I bought a new computer since my old one fried and before I put my graphics card in it all the games ran fine other then the fact they were slow.  However, after I put in my graphics card (which is a sapphire radeon hd 6970) and installed the drivers a few of my games (that use 3D rendering, such as minecraft) started looking like the attached image.  I have searched many places trying to find the answer but found nothing.  I also assumed it was either a windows 8.1 problem or a hardware problem but as stated before it only started happening after the addition of the card and drivers.  To make sure, however, I have updated my motherboard to a newer and better model as well as having updated to a SSD,  I also have updated to windows 10.  Nothing has changed after all this.  If anyone has any answers or solutions please help.

Here is the most recent specs of my computer:

• Motherboard - ASRock H97M Pro4
      • CPU - Intel Core i5 4440
      • GPU - Sapphire Radeon HD 6970
      • PSU - Rosewill Capstone 750 W (80 PLUS GOLD)
      • Ram (Memory) - Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2x 8 GB)
      • Storage - 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO
      • OS - Windows 10