3 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2016 8:59 AM by zedetach

Windows 10 and AMD Radeon HD 7400M

bad_dad

HI All

Hope someone out there can help.

I have a HP pavillion dv7 notebook. It has an AMD Phenom II N660 dual core processor (3gb), 6gb Ram and AMD Radeon HD 7400M.  I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday after the checks advised it would be ok with this laptop.

After upgrading I got a pop up saying "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the appropriate driver for your AMD hardware."

I then get a second pop up saying "a new catalyst driver (15.7.1) is available. Please click here for more information." I follow the link and download the file. I install it and it fails. I don't think this driver actually supports my graphics card in the laptop.

This is the link - Desktop to the driver.

In Device Manager there is the yellow triangle with a ! in it next to the AMD Radeon HD 7400M. The ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series appears to be ok. I have tried downloading drivers via device manager and it says it is up to date (which I don't believe)

I'd really link to use Windows 10 to enable my laptop to 'work' with my xbox one. Anyone got any ideas besides roll back and don't do it .

Thanks in advance for your help.