6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2015 6:45 AM by rafaelluik

bjhfarm

bjhfarm

I have windows 7 with radeon 2100. Cannot upgrade to windows 10 because of this. Message says not compatible with windows 10. Tried upgrading driver, but no luck. How to fix?

• Re: bjhfarm
          ray_m

No, your product is not compatible with Windows 10.

Please refer to the following document  FAQ: Windows® 10 Driver and AMD Graphics Product Compatibility

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            hardcoregames™

you card is rather old so you might want to consider a new rig  and not just a new video card

bjhfarm

I am looking at EVGA GeForce 210 video card. Is this a decent upgrade and compatible with win 10?

rafaelluik

Man no! It's not officially compatible either.

For NVIDIA you need minimum Geforce GT 420 higher. For AMD, Radeon HD 5000 series or higher number including Rx 200 or higher.

If you're going for the cheapest, why not at least get something somewhat current gen? Radeon HD 77xx or R5 240 are GCN at least so that's what I'd recommend because they'll get driver updates for longer (and even include DirectX 12 capabilities).

Alternatively, since your whole system is too old, you may want to do a full upgrade to an AMD A8 6000 or 7000 series APU as they give you the best cpu+graphics for the money (they have R5 240~R7 250 level of graphics integrated and the CPU equivalent of something between a current-gen Pentium and an i3).

crispal77

un bajón que haya soporte limitado, saludos

1 of 2 people found this helpful
                    rafaelluik

It's not officially supported but you can make it work. I've made an older x1550 to work in Windows 8 and Windows 10 by using the legacy 10.2 Vista driver and so can you using the appropriate driver package.

1. For example, for Radeon 2100, all you need is to download the Catalyst driver 14.4 for "Windows 8" with appropriate arch (64 or 32 bits)
                    2. Run the exe file so it'll extract the files to "C:\AMD..." then close the Catalyst installer
                    3. Open the Device Manager, find the video adapter, right-click and choose update driver...
                    4. Choose the option to search the driver file in a folder on your PC, check include sub-folders, and browse to C:\AMD\Support\14-4_winsomething_dd_ccc\Packages\Drivers\Display\
                    5. Confirm that you want to install the driver.
                    6. Voilá

Important: There may be only a little incompatibility. Make a test to discover that.

Power off your PC using the Windows start button. (Do not restart, power it off.) Turn it back on. Everything ok? You're done.

If you get stuck in a black screen with a mouse pointer:

1. Use the physical button to reboot then go to Power Options (it's a Control Panel item)
                    2. Choose to modify the function of the buttons in the sidebar
                    3. Click the link to Change options not available currently.
                    4. Disable Fast Startup.
                    5. Your card will function perfectly with Windows 10.