3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2015 8:51 AM by souly

Win10 just automatically installed a "AMD driver update" and now nothing works anymore(15.7 was already installed.)

giddyup

So Windows 10's automatic updates strike again.

I just saw a lone entry in the update history saying "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. driver update for AMD Radeon R9 M200X Series."

No version numbers, no info, nothing.

So naturally I wanted to check the CCC to see if the version number has changed. But surprise: it won't open! Same with the switchable graphics interface.

The device manager tells me that the driver is still the same 15.7, so I have no idea what Win10 updated, and how to get rid of it(because it doesn't show under "installed updates".)

What remains is that the update broke the CCC completely.

Right now I'm re-downloading the 15.7.1 package, in the hope that I can re-install the CCC without Windows just screwing it over again. But I have no idea if that'll work....

Please, for the love of god AMD, do something about Microsoft just automatically updating your stuff. If you can't, then people will be doomed.

EDIT: Re-installing the CCC worked for now. Now I have to hope that Win10 just doesn't "update" again.

Nachricht geändert durch Giddy Up