AnsweredAssumed Answered

Text Resolution Issues with Windows10 ... am I alone?

Question asked by teoteodore on Aug 4, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 16, 2015 by teoteodore

I must be the only one experiencing this problem because I can't find anyone else complaining.  I've got a month-old Dell desktop, a Samsung Monitor and am trying to upgrade from Windows8.1 to Windows10.  Here's my setup:

AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6811)

Internal DAC (400Mhz)

AMD Radeon R9 270

113-C6300500-103

Samsung UN32EH5000 32-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED TV (2012 Model)

Generic PnP Monitor

60 Hertz

Dell XPS 8700

The upgrade went smoothly, but the screen resolution was crazy.  At first, the desktop display extended beyond the edges of the monitor which I solved (if I remember correctly) by going into the Samsung menu --- not the Windows menu.  After I got the desktop set, I noticed that all the text in all the programs including MSOffice (newest version) was 'scratchy' (lol) ... it looked like an old typewriter with a worn ribbon and bad keys.  The vertical strokes were thicker, the curves noticeably segmented and all the text had a white aura around them.  In programs like Excel, the text was very poor.   Also little thumbnail photo images in my home page were poorly rendered, cartoon-like.  I tried changing the resolution in  Windows control panel from the infinitely small to the ridiculously large, but the text problems remained.  I tried every setting in Samsung on-screen, no better.  I went into the gaming settings for AMD, no change.  I even downloaded a small program that supposedly mimics the Windows8.1 resolution --- nope.  I suspect there must be something in AMD, something simple, that I don't see.  Can you guys help?

Outcomes