2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2015 10:12 PM by elikc216

Windows 10, Radeon 7800 Series Underscan/Resolution Problems in Games

scarverorne

Like most people, I updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I have a Radeon 7800 series and connect via HDMI to a 1080p HDTV (1920x1080 60hz). Cutting right to the chase, I regularly play games. In this example, I will use Skyrim. Before upgrading, and subsequently updating the most recent AMD drivers, the game worked fine; that is to say it LOOKED fine. However, my problem is two-fold. I was missing a great deal of my screen after upgrading, so I set the underscan to somewhere around 8 just so I could see everything. But when loading Skyrim, the graphics are very poor - it basically looks like the incorrect resolution is set up (but it isn't.) Soooo is this an issue where the underscan is squishing the 1920x1080 resolution and making the graphics turn to... crap? Or is it something else? I again stress that all my game-side settings are all correct, the resolution in the skyrimprefs.ini, from the launcher, etc. all correct. I tried making a TESV.exe-specific game profile in the CCC, and it does nothing. Right now, like this, games are unplayable.

Please advise.