1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 23, 2015 4:29 AM by sunny

Windows 10 AMD Radeon 5500 mobility driver problems

thebivel

I have upgraded my pc from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  Previously my aio pc had a full HD display resolution.  Since upgrade all I can select is 1280x768, I have tried uninstalling the Catalyst Control Centre and reinstalling the newest drivers but to no avail.  The strangest thing is when you go to install the CCC software it pops up with a message about resolution being too low, changes it to a higher resolution and then once installed auto switches back to 1280x768 without any prompting.  I have tried wiping my pc (needed it anyway to be honest) and fresh installing Windows 10 but still no joy, does any one have an idea on how to fix as it is driving me mad...?

• Re: Windows 10 AMD Radeon 5500 mobility driver problems
          sunny

I have a similar problem. My Windows 7 AIO had an ATI Mobilty Radeaon HD 5430 and the display resolution could be set to the native resolution of the display of 1920 X 1080. The Windows 10 upgrade revert to the MS basic driver. I then installed the AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 Graphics Driver for Win 10 64 bit which should have been the replacement driver. After installation, I'm no longer able to set the resolution to 1980 X 1080.