16 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2016 12:54 AM by nospheratu

grafik problems with Win10 Pro 64bit and HD7870 Crossfire

exc0dus

HI guys,

first sorry for my poor english.

I have upgraded form Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. After the upgrade almost every game has graphics problems. For example missing textures or flashing textures.

I've uninstalled the video card driver, and reinstalled (15.7.1).

My System:

CPU (Prozessor):AMD Piledriver FX-8350, 8x 4.0GHz

Mainboard:ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z, AMD 990FX

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 (2x 8GB)

Grafik: 2x AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB - CrossFireX

Thank you for any help or leads on this problem.

• Re: grafik problems with Win10 Pro 64bit and HD7870 Crossfire
          thecat20_2

Hello,

I've got exactly the same problem with the same crossfire of HD7870.

I have try only in farcry 4 and there is a texturing problem only in crossfire in single GPU all is ok but less powerfull.

thanks for your helpscreen farcry4.jpg

My config

intel I7 2600k

motherboard asus P8P67 EVO

crossfire of sapphire hd7870

8 gb corsair vengeance

ssd sandisk ultra pro 256 gb

windows 10 64bits

dgranson

Hey,

I am also having the same types of problems with my crossfire 7870, i am on an original crosshair v formula and my system even sometimes blue screens with  0x0000003b graphical error codes on start up, but i have tested both of the cards and they both operate on their own just fine. Have also replaced the crossfire connector and still getting issues. AMD please hurry with a fix .

nospheratu

I'm also experiencing the similar problems with 7970M cards in crossfire. They are actually Pitcairn chips with a lower core and memory clocks, basically underclocked 7870's.

I have reported the issues I'm experiencing to AMD but it would really help if more people did as well. You can inform AMD of the problems you're experiencing at the below link.

AMD Issue Reporting Form

Please take the time to provide the feedback to AMD as hopefully it will end up helping all of us Pitcairn GPU user's. Thanks guys

dgranson

15.8 beta did not include a fix amd please help us

dgranson

hey guys so i got things working better, only been testing it for one day but i will update as things go, idk if the issue is with the registry or with the controller but in order to resolve this and help get things working the first thing i had to do was uninstall the drivers for my gpus and uninstall ccc. I then did a regclean out and did a fresh install of the latest amd chipset drivers. after the chipset driver install i installed the 15.8 beta driver. I believe that the issue is not with the gpu driver but the chipset on the 990fx platform. the 990fx chipset only has 1 dedicated pcie lane connected to the cpu dirrectly and the others on the board are controlled by a third party controller. I believe the issue was with the controller communicating with the 990fx pcie lane with the drivers that were installed. I do not know if it was the windows 10 upgrade remoing the amd driversv and insalling windows ones or if it was that i did not have the latest drivers. also install the chipset drivers before installing the amd gpu driver or the gpu driver installation will claim to have an error but willt not show any on the instillation report. I hope this fix works for longer than a day and i hope that it helps you guys as well if you get a chance to try it.

dgranson

started getting artifacts again today, seems like the fix was only temporary and has reappeared

nospheratu

I found the below post in a couple of gaming/tech forums. It's not the same reporting form as I have linked above.

Hello everyone,

Our Catalyst Driver Team needs your help

As we continue to improve our Catalyst Driver software suite, we kindly ask you to help us by submitting any issues or bugs you have experienced with our latest drivers by using the form below.

We value your feedback, and similar to last year when you helped us with the launch of Catalyst Omega, we intend to use the information you provide us to make our Drivers better.

Note that this form, which closes on September 12, is different from the standard Issue Reporting Form we regularly use; therefore, please use this form even if you’re already provided your feedback in the last few months.

Please click AMD Issue Reporting Form for AMD Catalyst™ Driver for Desktop Radeon™ Products   to access the form.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance!

Send me a private message if you have any AMD related questions

dgranson

So 15.11 kinda fixed the issues for a lot of the games by disableing crossfire for them, the only game i have that seems to use crossfire and work is gta v, all the other games that i play (EX: WoW, Diablo 3, LoL, CS:GO) have crossfire disabled. I guess the profiles for a lot of games on this card have not been updated yet so to solve the problems that we were having they disabled crossfire for the games that have no profile. So if you guys update to 15.11 beta take a look at your current gpu usage and you will see that alot of the games that were having issues before may just have crossfire disabled for them now.

backFireX64

You can disable crossfirex for any game by making a custom application profile in CCC (Gaming -> 3d application settings) and disabling crossfirex. This can be done in any catalyst version so far.

It is a good workaround, if you have a powerful enough gpu card to render decent frames in higher gfx in-game settings, but it won't help the weaker adapters that absolutely rely on crossfirex to allow for high and ultra presets.

The truth is that many users, including me, would like to see better crossfirex support for more games.

john007

Hello,

Uninstall CCC, maybe try Ccleaner and Autoruns to delete AMD related reg entries, install again.

Have you tried Sweetfx or ENB Series? Both use custom dll injections which you can edit yourself and may help with

performance. Hope this helps.

vasic15

Hello. I upgrade my pc windows 8.1 pro to windows 10 64bit. And my 7870 HD dies 2 times. i went to service.... They ''change'' the graphic card uprdate a bios of graphic card and then my fps in CS:GO went from 300+ to 150 max (not fps lock)... Then i reinstal to windows 8.1 pro and again update to win 10 and again the same problem... Then i get the 3rd time my new 7870 and stick to wind 8 64bit when everithing is ok.

dgranson

This issue still exist for me and other people i know that have these cards, getting a little old, i have tested both cards as stated before and continue to do so games run fine in windowed mode or with crossfire disabled on both of my cards and i have ran stress tests on both cards by them selves but when i enable crossfire i start to have probems, i have replace my crossfire cable and switched around the pcie slots, i went back to windows 8.1 and all the games that i was having issues with worked just fine. Only games that i have gotten to work with crossfire have been witcher 3, gta 5, and WoW which are all farely new and gpu intensive games but anything that runs an engine that is slightly older just doesnt launch crashes or has some kind of issue.