AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem with Windows 10 15.7.1 drivers and AMD E-450 [MAJOR BUG]

Question asked by xsam123 on Aug 2, 2015

Hi,

I have a Lenovo s205 laptop with AMD E-450 APU and Radeon 6XXXM graphics.

I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10, so installed new drivers for W10. When I came to download page, I noticed that selecting APU > E-series, only shows me drivers for Windows 8.1, so installed latest APU drivers for Windows 10. When installed it, the setup says that graphics drivers doesn't installed correctly. As the resolution worked fine, with all UI effects worked fine too, i didn't care.

The problem came when tried to see videos. I (tried to) play some MP4 and MKV files with MPC-HC (previously installed K-Lite Codec Pack), and the player freezes and crashed

So, Windows 10 drivers broke hardware accelerated video playback. This is a major bug, PLEASE FIX THAT.

Now i've another problem:

Concerned about the problem, I uninstalled W10 drivers and tried to install Windows 8.1 drivers, but the setup doesn't show an option for install the drivers, only the Catalyst Control Center. So, i tried to install W10 drivers again, but this time doesn't show the options for drivers too (the first time it shows, but i don't know why not now).

What can I do?

Also, why AMD is release new drivers only for new platforms? It supossed Windows 10 is available for everyone with Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, so they need to update drivers for all platforms (like E-Series APU)

Back to Windows 7 is not an option, because a did a clean install.

Thanks!

Outcomes