1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 4, 2015 1:11 AM by gympie

Windows 10 pro catalyst 15.7.1 drivers destroys SATA AHCI SMBUS chipset drivers

gympie

Hello,

After a succesfull upgrade from windows 8.1 pro with catalyst omega display and chipset drivers to windows 10 pro. I did the catalyst 15.7.1 update.

After installation i lost all my usb devices, The only way to get back my usb devices was to deinstall the catalyst 15.7.1 drivers package. Then i make use of the microsoft basic display drivers of windows 10 pro and install the amd-catalyst-omega-14.12-sb-sata-ahci-win8.1-win7 drivers. The devices are back and running.

I make use of a E300 apu based motherboard and HD6000 series integrated graphic card. I hope that AMD will come fast with working windows 10 catalyst drivers.

• Re: Windows 10 pro catalyst 15.7.1 drivers destroys SATA AHCI SMBUS chipset drivers
          gympie

Hello,

After an hour i get a windows 10 pro x64 update message that that there are amd display drivers are ready for download. I went to the windows update screen. I activate for download and after the download i did the installation. I now use the 15.7 display drivers from the microsoft site. and for now what i can see, my system is working in highresolution mode without any glitch and my usb drivers are not affected by the windows update from microsoft. I don't know why the 15.7 drivers form microsoft install without any issue.