AnsweredAssumed Answered

AMD Catalyst CC chipset drivers 15.7.1 install problem

Question asked by praes023 on Aug 2, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 2, 2015 by ztdz

I'am currently trying to update a windows 7x64 Home Premium (whitout sp1 which i cannot install; the only solution is an upgrade towindows 7x64 with sp1) with AMD CCC chipset drivers 15.7. I see an ATI directory in Program Files after I reboot but i do not see a CCC menu item in the startup menu or in All Programs. Probably caused by the absence of SP1. Checking the drivers with Driver Booster 2.3/2.4 shows that  the AMD drivers were not installed. My mobo is an ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0. I installed in a new partition Windows 7x64 Home Prem with SP1 and ready to upgrade to Windows 10 Home Premium or 8.1 (so all Windows hotfixes were installed) . However i see there that I have the same problems after setup of AMD Catalyst Chipset drivers 15.7.1.

So I’m further investigating what is wrong?  I have also on the same 2 other partitons prepared a Windows 8.1x64 Pro (Ready to Upgrade to Windows 10x64 Pro) and a Windows 10x64 Pro and to test it there also in the following week.

In the past there was a possibility on the AMD chipset download page to alter previous chipset versions. That is now not anymore the case. However, for investigating the problem that could be very usefull.

I wonder if no more people have the same problem with 15.7.1?

Rem: On my Xp system the AMD Catalyst CC is working. 

Outcomes