2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2015 4:43 AM by demonvesper

Win 10 negates custom installation of driver

demonvesper

I cannot install the AMD hdmi driver as it wont produce sound when I connect to the living room tv for gaming, I have always used the onboard sound driver as it works on both my monitor and tv.  I usually select custom installation and uncheck the hdmi driver but Windows 10 just ignores this and performs a background install of the driver anyway, is there any way to prevent this using your installation package as Windows 10 really doesn't care what I want to do and does its own thing, I have tried uninstall and delete driver in device manager but thats a load of rubbish as it reinstalls the 'deleted' driver.

I'm asking here because asking Microsoft will be pointless.

• Re: Win 10 negates custom installation of driver
          savagebeastzero

Hey demonvesper,

Although Microsoft has created quite a few issues by forced driver updates, there are ways to circumvent them. Follow the steps below to properly install what you do or do not wish on your computer.

• Step 1: Open Windows search as seen below.

AMD Device Driver Installation Settings 1.png

• Step 2-3: Note Step 2 at the lower portion and step 3 is at the top right.

AMD Change device installation settings 2-3.png

• Step 4-7: Apply all settings as noted below.

AMD Device Installation Settings 4-7.png

• Step 8: Restart your computer for the changes to fully take effect.

• Step 9: Now you can properly install drivers manually as it was previously.

NOTE: Remember any and all changes made here in the case you wish to revert back to the previous automated state in the future.

AMD Community Thank You Template.png