Although Microsoft has created quite a few issues by forced driver updates, there are ways to circumvent them. Follow the steps below to properly install what you do or do not wish on your computer.
- Step 1: Open Windows search as seen below.
- Step 2-3: Note Step 2 at the lower portion and step 3 is at the top right.
- Step 4-7: Apply all settings as noted below.
- Step 8: Restart your computer for the changes to fully take effect.
- Step 9: Now you can properly install drivers manually as it was previously.
NOTE: Remember any and all changes made here in the case you wish to revert back to the previous automated state in the future.
I had never come across that option, that's going to save me hours of frustration in the future!
Now to start all over again, well played Microsoft!! If it aint broke, break it.