3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2015 6:25 AM by seedy

Win10 HDMI No Output, Monitors Not Detected

seedy

Upgrade Win8.1 to Win10 64bit

Intel i5-470UM

AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5450

Switchable Graphics

After update Windows installed Driver 15.7 (7/15/15)

All seems good but HDMI is not recognized

I tried update 15.7.1 (7/29/15)

Flashing Blue Screen boot loop at logon

Boot into safemode uninstall drivers restart

Install leshcat after following all instructions and cleaning

Same Flashing Screen / Remove All Drivers and Clean / Let windows reinstall

HDMI Not Recognized

I have now Rolled Back to Win8.1 as I need my calibrated monitor for graphic design

Just wanted to know if anyone else has had these problems and to have a place to comeback to when they are resolved before updating again to Win10.

Thanks for all help and insights.

• Re: Win10 HDMI No Output, Monitors Not Detected
          dmat86

Yes, I've had problems with HDMI too. I get a blue screen and VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE error. I suspect the 15.7.1 drivers are not HDCP compliant.

seedy

I ended up switching back to the previous drivers that worked in win8.1.

I used this tool from microsoft KB3073930 to block the driver updates

I uninstalled both amd and intel drivers (with vga attached) in Device Manager

Installed Previous Intel Driver

Extracted Previous AMD Driver

Right Click 'Scan for Changes' which brought up the 'Microsoft General Display Driver' (or similar title)

Right Click 'Update Driver' and chose the extracted AMD folder

HDMI Now Working.

dinzdinz

Try this:

1 - Open Device Manager. Right click in the Start Menu Button (The windows logo in the bottom left of the screen, YES you can right click it in Windows 10), and select Device manager.

2 - Find the Graphics Drivers

3 - Right click in the Graphic Driver (If your laptop has an integrated card you have to right click that one) and select Update driver

4 - Select the bottom option, for Search drivers in your PC

5 - Select the bottom option again, for Search from a list

6 - Select a different version from the one you already have. If you have an integrated card, you need to select the older versions.

7 - Click Next, wait for it to update the drivers, the sceen will flicker for a while.

8 - Restart your PC, if it doesnt help, please post a picture of how the Device Manager window looks in your PC so we can see what you have in the laptop.

Good luck

imgur.com/ByP9PC6

For some reason this happened in my laptop, where Windows installed the drivers from the discrete card into the integrated card (main card). Then I had no options to set screen resolutions or connect other screens via HDMI or VGA. After changing the driver from the integrated card to a lower version (which windows provided via Windows Update) everything works fine, connecting screens and all.