1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 2, 2015 6:06 AM by ckirchner

New 15.7.1 causes black screen in Windows 10

jchesner

Just upgraded PC to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 8.1 Pro.  The computer has an AMD Radeon HD 7560D Graphics card.  When installing the new 15.7 driver with the installation software, the screen turns black.  When simply choosing the driver without using the installation software, the screen turns black.  When attempting to use Windows Update, it gets an error when installing the driver.  Therefore, the driver is currently disabled.  If I didn't need multiple monitors, this would not be a major issue for me.  Is there a different driver that I can use or is there an updated driver being worked on?

Thank you!

• Re: New 15.7.1 causes black screen in Windows 10
          ckirchner

Hi,

I had the same problem with my HD 7970 (received SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED by atikmpag.sys) and now found a solution:

1. Uninstall Lucid Virty MVP (if installed). This is usally active, if you upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1.

2. Install the AMD 15.6 Beta Driver for WIndows 8.1 from June22 "amd-catalyst-15.6-beta-software-suite-win8.1-64bit-june22".

Now your graphics adapter will be detected correctly and everything works fine.

The latest driver 15.7.1 is not working with my card and even after the solution, cannot be installed as Windows 10 tells me, that it is not suitable for this platform.