I upgraded to Windows 10 last night. Updated my AMD drivers to the latest available as of 30/07/2015 (15.7 i think). And my displayport is showing black image. I have had to use an old 1080p monitor through DVI to do be able to get access to Windows. When i try and connect my displayport monitor as an additional monitor it comes up with a displayport error.
As you will see below in my specs, i use my 27" iMac as a monitor through displayport. Never had an issue before until i upgraded windows.
My PC specs:
- Intel I7 2600k
- Gigabyte Z68XP-D3
- 8GB Corsair Vengence 1600mhz RAM
- Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB x 2
- Wester Digital 1TB Caviar Green
- 2 x Gigabyte 6970 HD OC (running in Crossfire) - factory overclocked to 900MHz (Core) and 1375 MHZ (Memory). I have tried both in and out of crossfire mode.
- Corsair HX1050 power supply (1050watts)
- 27" Monitor @ 2560 x 1440 (iMac 27" i5 used as monitor direct through DisplayPort)
I haven't really had this issue before. I had a similar problem in the past where it wouldn't show on my screen, however, i switched the video cards over and it seemed to work. I will have to try this option tonight to see if this is the issue again.