1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 14, 2015 12:58 PM by xfxsupport

Windows 10 + new Catalyst 15.7 now have real low Frames Per Second

wakes

AMD FX-8320 Eight core processor

XFX R9 290x Double D black edition

Gigabyte Motherboard

I was running windows 7 and Omega Driver 14.12 playing battlefield 4. I was getting roughly 110-125 FPS.  I upgraded to Windows 10 and the new AMD 15.7 catalyst. Running Mantle in game and now my FPS are anywhere from 50-85. in the same servers. Any idea what is going on? Thanks

• Re: Windows 10 + new Catalyst 15.7 now have real low Frames Per Second
          xfxsupport

Hello and sorry for the delay.  Im still getting used to the new AMD community forums.

Well, you should have equal to better FPS if that's the case.  I'm assuming your settings in BF4 were higher in AA or MS, since that would be the simplest answer... however, that's not how things usually work around here =)

Does anyone have any confirmed BF4 issues with features?  The first thing i would do is reinstall the drivers according to this guide as it solves 90% of strange issues like this.

Tutorial for proper driver installation.

1-Load windows with only your primary graphics card plugged in.

2-Disable any and ALL anti-virus/malware protection.

3-Download and Run the 15.7 (or latest) drivers from AMD.com (Omega drivers do not have Uninstall built in, you have to do it through add/remove, which is okay)

4-Choose to Uninstall/express (may not be available in newest version, download an older version) the existing drivers, and AMD folder

5-Restart the computer.

6-Disable any and ALL anti-virus/malware protection.

7-Run the 15.7 drivers from AMD.com

8-Choose to Install/Express the drivers

9-Restart.  Confirm settings are working in windows.

10-Shutdown and add 2nd/3rd cards for Xfire.

11-Respond to this ticket if you have any further questions

** If you have nvidia drivers on your computer, you might need to run the Uninstall feature of Nvidias driver as well.

Please let us know,

Mark at XFX

XFX Support