10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2016 6:05 AM by deeronrock

Windows 10 Boot Camp drivers?

signal1

I'm not even sure what card I have, except I know it's an AMD card. This update to Windows 10 has labeled my display device (under device manager) as "Microsoft Display Adapter". I used to be able to play  GTA V, and now it's unplayable - I'm assuming due to the AMD graphics card not being recognized or drivers not being compatible.

Is there anything that can be done? I tried to install the Windows 8.1 Boot Camp drivers but the graphics card is still labeled as "Microsoft Display Adapter" and GTA V is still unplayable. Basic web browsing seems fine, and I'd like to avoid rolling back to Windows 8 if at all possible. I'm guessing the answer is probably gonna be along the lines of AMD will get to it when they get to it.

• Re: Windows 10 Boot Camp drivers?
          signal1

Just as an update - I was only able to get Device Manager to recognize my video card as AMD by going back to the drivers provided with Boot Camp. Downloading the drivers for Boot Camp from AMD's own website did not work at all. Seems like a flaw there.

Furthemore, I've just received a message that "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD Driver functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware." I guess that's due to AMD not having a Windows 10 version of Boot Camp drivers out.

• Re: Windows 10 Boot Camp drivers?
            amdhelp

Could someone please clarify why this is a correct answer. I hope that you can help as I really don't get this. I followed the link posted above to discover that Apple says 'Boot Camp supports 64-bit versions of Windows 10 when used with a supported Mac'.

I have installed windows 10 via bootcamp and you can't get the lastest windows compatible AMD 16..... drivers or lastest crimson software, you have to wait for the apple bootcamp versions: installed through the apple software update app when in windows on boot camp.

My AMD Radeon settings is telling me that new software+drivers are available, but if you try to download them you get the error message 'AMD hardware not detected'.

So I have had a whole load of problems trying to update the latest games, and the frame rates on new games are not very good.

The last bootcamp driver for windows 10 on mac boot camp was released on 4/05/16 before that it was 09/16 the 15.... version.

Apple tells me we have to wait for AMD to release new boot camp drivers and AMD says you have to go to apple for driver support. It would be great if these companies would work together to produce better solutions for those of us who want to play games on Bootcamp, and provide constructive feedback, rather than passing the buck to each other.