5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2015 3:17 PM by garwynn

Just saying hello

j3ster727

Hey all! Finally got around to getting my profile sorted out on here. Just wanted to say hi to everyone. Im not much of a avid forum goer but will try to pop in from time to time. Hope everyone out there is having a good start to their week!

• Re: Just saying hello
          esmea

Heya!

I can relate to sparse forum visits.

This week can only get better for me; Win10 coming out tomorrow, and I just sent off my C5FZ to ASUS under RMA.

j3ster727

Hope your RMA comes back ASAP! Yes Windows 10 should be exciting! I have not touched it yet, so will be all new experience for me.

esmea

I tried it out in March-ish, when DX12 was first available to the TP users (I've been on the insider program for a few years thanks to Windows Phone). It's like taking all the benefits of Win8.1 and slapping it on the 'more accepted' Win7 UI... There's no learning curve if you've used either of the upgrade-from OSes. Win10 is 100% benefit and 0% detriment. I have yet to see any game that doesn't see a performance improvement from Win10. I wish I could report on Edge performance, but GTA V got in my way of getting past build 10041 (I partitioned half of my SSD for Win10, I deleted that partition to make way for installing GTA V on that drive).

If you disable "Hide protected operating system files" in file explorer options ('View' tab)*, you should be able to see how much of the pre-download has been acquired already on your system as a folder named "$WINDOWS.~BT" (in the root directory).

*explained for anyone else seeing this that doesn't already know about this.

sam.tehrani

Great to see you here Dean! Welcome!

garwynn

Hey Dean, glad to see more of us finally getting in here!