5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2015 11:52 AM by zealotki11er

What would have convinced me to use AMD graphics cards?

piranhason

Did someone convince me?

• Re: What would have convinced me to use AMD graphics cards?
          garwynn

I guess I don't understand - You're not convinced yet on AMD?

If so, what factors are you looking for in using a graphics card?  Perhaps we can help answer some of those questions.

sabah70

I guess for me it is usually all about value. I don't think it can be denied that what you loose in performance ( which won't be much) you'll more then make up for in the price to performance category

triggerftu

you want convincing. simple as saying quality. AMD provides literally the best quality products for gaming since the AMD K9. performance, if you feel like you don't have enuph of it most AMD devices (cpu's and GPU) can be overclocked and compared to blue/green you get more performance with OC. and all of these are noticeable when using AMD products both cpu and gpu. another thing is Mantle and DX12. a bench was already made on one of the 1st DX12 games and has shown that the AMD 390X dominated benchmarks over the new nvidia 980 ti. and seeings i've once used the Green/Blue products and switched to full AMD with noticeable differences i've never looked back and you may not ether.

traceman

I feel if you gave some of the mid-high or high end AMD CPU's and/or GPU's a try that you may actually be happy with your experiences. You would most likely need to convince yourself to actually decide to use them. Many a users have been full-blown Intel users and have been known to give AMD a try for many reasons such as possibly their budget or they just found a deal on a component that no intelligent person would pass up. And some of these individuals actually enjoyed their experience so much that they did decide to give AMD a try and either bought or built an AMD system. Some of them fell in love with AMD as a result. Others may not have. I, myself. was an Intel man for a few years. Then back when the K7 chips came out I gave one a try. Well, needless to say that did it for me. I was happy with both Intel and AMD. And I was always and ATI user. I loved their GPU/s from way back. That part is self explanatory. Because in my mind I still use ATI, its just that now its an AMD ATI. Finally I settled for AMD. And then mixing the two CPU/GPU along with an AMD chipset on a system board did it for me. Now, I love AMD all the way. I especially love the Asus ROG-AMD stuff. I am now a happy Auss/AMD fan. Just thought I would put in my two cents. Have a great weekend.

zealotki11er

Been using AMD/ATi GPU since HD 4850. Did have older ATi cards before that but HD 4850 was my first new GPU. AMD cards offer unbelievable price/performance compare to other GPU makers. Even times i got Nvidia GPU back GTX580 day i was questioning the value @ $500 over $300 HD 6950 for the performance you got. Also one thing i learned having AMD cards is that they stay relevant much longer and get support from AMD much further down the line. With Nvidia you have to have the latest and greatest or else you will not eat the cake. With AMD it's like a big GCN family.