cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

sunsetquest
Adept II

Windows Based GCN Assembler

A windows based assembler/compiler for AMD’s GCN (Generation Core Next) Assembly Language.

Main Article/download: GCN Assembler for AMD GPUs - CodeProject

GitHub: SunsetQuest/Asm4GCN

Demo video... (sorry, it is not the best quality)

4 Replies
realhet
Miniboss

Well done!

Are you gonna do interesting projects in asm?

0 Likes

Hello famous realhet!  Thank you!

I actually built this so I could work on another project of mine that I have been working on since high school. It is something like "genetic algorithms."  I want to predict the stock market so I can retire early.   ... but I have yet to use it for that yet.  Thanks for asking.

By the way, Where are you from? (I'm near San Jose/Oakland area in California) 

I tried your bit-coin thing awhile a couple months ago and it was a fun little project.  Do you have any other projects coming up? 

0 Likes
matszpk
Adept III

I appreciate your effort, but do you have any plans to port this amazing utility to opensource world (Linux systems)?

Currently I am working on similar project that can be work under Linux with AMD Catalyst and Open source Gallium Compute drivers.

Project is available on http://clrx.nativeboinc.org/.

Unfortunately still is in intensive development. Maybe in september will be available first public release.

0 Likes

Hi matszpk, I don't have any plans for Linux. I don't have much Linux experience, only Windows.

That is cool you are working on a compiler. Is it going to have "inline" support in OpenCL?  I see that it is going to have some disasm features. I cannot wait to see it...even though I might not get to play with it.

0 Likes