6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2015 9:29 AM by ddienes

CSGO and Freesync

shankly1985

Can anyone here test CSGO and Freesync for me.. For some reason am getting screen tear on csgo with freesync enabled! I never used to.

• Re: CSGO and Freesync
          flano

hey shanks seen you on the Overclockers UK forum (OcUK?) I'm using the same monitor (BenQ XL2730Z?) and 2x FURY X using CrossFireX I disable CFX for CSGO.exe in AMD 3d application settings, disable frame pacing and use the following launch options in steam:

+cl_interp 0 +cl_interp_ratio 1 -tickrate 128 fps_max 999 -novid -freq 144 -high -refresh 144 -processheap -nod39dex -nomicsettings +mat_queue_mode 2

I get no tearing not sure whats happening for you there?!! let me know how you go!

shankly1985

Hello

I fixed it silly me for some reason I had game in full screen window mode. Nice settings I also use them, but instead have fps_max 140..

Does -refresh work?

Edit

Didn't work..

flano

uh I dont know a difference to be honest, I read that it was an applicable launch string argument thing so I chucked it in there!

I'm going to try fps_max 140, Is this providing higher motion clarity??? whats the reason behind it!! I'm keen to give it a try!!

ddienes

Hi Shankly,

I just got the same monitor and I am experiencing screen tearing in cs go with freesync enabled.

My cs go settings are set to full screen and I have enabled freesync in the catalyst control center. Freesync is working in other games.

When I changed to full screen windowed mode for cs go freesync works! I am trippled checked that I have got this the right way around and it is not working with full screen and is working with windowed full screen. There is also noticeable input lag when in windowed full screen freesync mode.

I tried reinstalled cs go. I also tried completely wiping the amd drivers and reinstalling them too.

Please help me.

ddienes

I just found out the problem.

I had to change the desktop setting to 144Hz as I forgot to do this. Now freesync is working correctly in cs go in full screen mode.

Weird that this would have the effect as described though eh.