0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2015 9:21 AM by eddie993

Black screen after Windows logo (After reinstalling AMD display driver)

eddie993

Hello everyone, my name is Eddie and I apologize if this is not the correct place to ask this question, first time poster here. And sorry for the bad English too.

Three days ago when watching video, my screen suddenly hang (white color) and my keyboard become non responsive, so i reset my PC and there is nothing but black screen after windows logo disappear (there is no welcome sound too, usually it do have the jingle).

The PC itself can run on safe mode without any problem, and I decided to uninstall the AMD display driver from Device Manager and then use DDU. After that my PC can run on normal mode with my display driver named "Standard VGA graphic adapter". After that i download AMD catalyst 15.7-64 bit, but the issue right now is my PC cannot run it, it says "The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?", I choose Run, and it says "The version of this file is not compatible ........." Right now I am using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and my Graphic card is Radeon R9 270x. Thanks in advance for the help guys.