6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2015 11:17 AM by ray_m

How do I re-install Catalyst Control Center to disable underscan

rodnebb

I have an old Radeon HD 4800 graphics card.

I have bought a new Phillips HD monitor, and I get a fat black border around my picture.

I run windows 8.1

I have understood it so that the AMD graphics card is applying underscan to the picture its sending to the monitor, and that I need to open Catalyst Control Center to change this highly annoying behaviour. I have been working at this for the last 5 hours and I'm quite tired of it. There is a description of the issue here: Fix HD Monitors and AMD/ATI Cards Not Displaying a Full Screen Image..

The problem is then that I can't get Catalyst Control Center installed. I used to have it installed, but it wouldn't start. So I uninstalled it, but I can't find any way of reinstalling it.

When I go to  Download Drivers and I manually select my drivers I get to install 13-1-legacy_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc.exe

I have also tried installing amd-catalyst-15.7-with-dotnet45-win8.1-64bit.exe

These installs "complete successfully" - but then I can't find any Catalyst Control Center to start. So I don't get to disable the underscan "feature".

Any suggestions how I can do this?