MB: MSI Z97A Gaming 6 - Intel Z97
      CPU: Intel i7 4790k
      GPU: MSI R9 380 Gaming 4G, 4GB
      Case: BITFENIX Aegis
      PSU: FSP Fortron HYPER M 700, 700W
      RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB (2x8GB) DRR3 1600
      HD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 - 2TB
      CPU Water Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX
      Additional vents: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet LED Red Edition, 140mm 2x

I'm going to buy another GPU, maybe even third. And my question is, how much power I need for dual R9 380 Gaming G4 and if I'm going to buy third, how much power for triple.
      If you find anything wrong with this build, I would like if you told me, because I'm not 100% sure if it's going to be together functional.

Thanks for answers.

• Re: R9 380 Gaming G4, 4GB dual-which PSU
          zealotki11er

I am going to help you the best system you can and tell you where you can get more performance.

1) i7 4790K -> Really good CPU but the architecture is about 2 years old now. The replacement CPU aka Skylake 6700K is around the corner. If you are not in the rush i would wait. Its going to be same amount of money but more performance.

2) R9 380 4GB is a great card if you are in budget but if you are getting a high end Core i7 there is no reason to get a mid range GPU. Also i would not recommend CFX 2 or 3 GPUs that are in the middle of performance. If you can find R9 290, R9 290X or R9 390 then get one of those. They are much faster and for not much more. You can CFX then latter if you need too.

3) If you are running 1 card i would get ~ 650W, 2 card ~ 850W and 3 card ~ 1200W.

4) For PSU try to get Corsair if you can, if not Seasonic. There are other great PSU but you have to look up reviews before you decide.

5)The HDD is fine for store but not for main OS drive. Even a super fast system without SSD will feel very slow in Windows. Try to get a 120GB SSD and if you have the budget get a 240GB so you can install your favorite games.

6)CPU cooler is good.

7)The case support up to MATX so the MB you have selected is too big. Its ATX. MATX MB only supports up to 2 GPUs. You might have to look for a MATX MB if you want to use that case.

If you want to save money you can always get a Core i5 if gaming is your only thing.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            garwynn

Agree with what was said above.  If you're dropping that much for a higher end system, I would seriously consider going with a R9 390 or into the Fury series as they'll take the greatest advantage of the planned Core i7.  As far as whether or not to wait for Skylake - it's about 2 months away so honestly worth the wait if you can, so long as you're okay with the price premium when it comes out.  Long term it's the better way to go.

matycze

Thanks for answers, that MB is too big I noticed few hours after this post, changed MSI Z97M Gaming, also I'm going with R9 390 Gaming G8 or Titan X, I know, it's pretty much different and Titan is Nvidia product. I would like to have 4K gaming for long time. And I will wait for my next birthday at May. Also I will get probably new monitor ASUS PB287Q - 4K LED 28".

shing3232

For PSU, i mean any  Corsair  AX  series would be more than enough. The most important aspect of PSU for GPUs is that the 12v rail. as long as you have 50A 12V, you should do fine and preferably single rail.

do0m90
                    Re: R9 380 Gaming G4, 4GB dual-which PSU

zealotki11er Decahertz

i'm with