1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 20, 2015 8:33 AM by zaeems_

Older Radeon HD2400 PRO dual monitor card

politronics

Hi!

I have had the Radeon HD2400 PRO dual monitor card in my computer for a long time. I just picked up another machine from a friend and I am moving it over to that one. My old machine ran kind of slow, and when I would have multiple versions of Firefox running it would sometimes really bog down. However, the videos and audio were usually fine.

Now that I have it in the new machine, the video and audio are dragging. Not always too much, but enough to make it annoying. The funny thing is, all my business apps are working awesome in the new machine.

Any way, I moved my 4G of Ram over to the new machine. (It's showing 2.73 on the system page). Both machines are running XP. The new one is a Dell Optiplex w/a Intel Celeron CPU 430@1.8GHz. My monitors are DELL 24" units. I have kicked down the res to a resonable level. I downloaded the latest drivers for everything. I'm at a loss. I really am not sure where to go from here. Any ideas? I have a laptop running a second monitor w/2.92 usuable G of ram and all the videos and audio on that are fine, so I don't think it's my Internet connection.

Anyone?

Thanks!

JP

• Re: Older Radeon HD2400 PRO dual monitor card
          zaeems_

Probably because of you running Windows XP, Windows XP has a max on the amount of RAM you can use. If you upgraded it to Windows 7 or 8 you'd be able to use a lot more RAM. Also, this might be the reason your videos and audio are acting up - I've a pretty similar PC myself, and am running everything (games, videos, several browsers, installing loads of things at once) completely fine. Intel Celeron E3300@2.50ghz, 2gb ram, radeon hd2400 pro.

Good Luck!