16 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2015 5:09 AM by fahrein77

AMD Catalyst 15.7 & Win 7 64-bit

chewx

Everything was just fine before the updated my Amd Catalyst and now my computer is messed up. I had to downgrade my videocard to point 0 because that update was shutting down my computer after a few minutes, or when I tried to open projects on ableton or anything else. I dont know why the hell do you guys feel the need to update something that was working completely fine, and now I dont know how the hell I'm going to fix the damn thing, because I need to update the drives of my video card, but now I just dont know what to do because if install that bs of AMD Catalyst 15.7 program it crashes my computer before it finishes installing it, so yeah, good job AMD, your support sucks hard, no respect for your clients, and now I need to waste my time to ask some random people on this forum who would be kind enough to do what is actually your job!
      I have a Sony Vaio with AMD Radeon HD 6470M

• Re: AMD Catalyst 15.7 & Win 7 64-bit
          pckool

Same thing with me. This new Driver Update is Extremely unstable. One day it works great with a game and the next the game crashes right after I launch it. Mirillis Action crashes almost every time with this update as well. AMD Please fix this.

kingfish

Unless you guys have a Sony laptop..this post and response has nothing to do with you. Please start your own thread or post on a appropriate existing post. Now to answer your questions, there is a 'Issue Report Form' that goes directly to the driver technicians . When several reports are received with reproducible issues, chances are good for a fix in the next beta driver set. 

AMD Issue Reporting Form

kingfish

Sony laptops can not use generic drivers from AMD. They won't work. Your choice is to use the (probably) old drivers Sony has for your model , or use the Leshcat drivers (best choice). Sony, Toshiba, and Panasonic 'opted out' of allowing their graphics to be updated by AMD. This is solely a Sony decision. Most everybody with one of these laptops uses Leshcat.

bfm

CHew X is right. There is serious something wrong with Cat. 15.7 W7 64 bit.

I have a desktop I7. During the installation is breaks off. Cat has stopt. Just 15 min ago.

Using HD5670

It messed up my PC

chewx

So I managed to install this new driver with my laptop with a very cool temperature, this time it didnt messed up my computer, and ableton live (music program) is working fine so far (which the first time I installed it kept crashing my computer everytime I opened a project). So far it's good, I'm gonna try play league of legends and see if doesnt crash with it. In any case, if that doesnt work, I'm going to look up for leshcat driver, thanks btw kingfish

Earnhardt

Sooo, YOU Auto update Everything?  Ouch! How is it AMD's fault If YOU chose to Install it?

chewx

So if a program keep poping up to update the program, you kinda do it, and if you make something that you're not sure it's working fine, AMD should have at least the choice to go back to the previous version(which they kinda have, but fails hard), but no, the moment they update something, there's no way to go back, so their clients just need to be lucky they didnt make a bad job, which by the look of this forum, they kinda did. So yeah, it's not AMD fault that their stuff doesnt work properly, it's the clients that were naive enough to click ''yes''
                        Good logic Mr. Guru!

bfm

What an stupid answer is that. If your android or Ipone is not working after an update, will you say the same?

If there is an update on the market it should work 100%. If not, don't publish it.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          gaab

I'm having the same problem running Adobe Lightroom since the update.

Just crashes the program and its now unuseable. 

Is it possible to roll back?

chewx

Just so you know, I tried to install multiple Lashcat drivers and didnt work at all, everytime I tried to test league of legends it shuts down my computer. Everything was fine before that last catalist update, this is so annoying, I had problems like this in the past and I managed to fix it with the drivers, now nothing works, and my video card keep upgrading from 6770m to 7400m
                            Just go bankrupt and sell the company for god sake

jords96

Hi, I had a problem for a few days after installing the 15.7 driver. When ever I played a game of League of Legends sometimes mid game, start of the game or the end of the game it would crash my client. The solution I found was to uninstall the AMD Catalyst Install Manager by going into Control Panel>Uninstall a program>Click AMD Catalyst Install Manager and click change and do an express uninstall. After that, go to http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous?os=Windows%207%20-%2064# and install the 14.9 Ver (that's the one I chose) and install it. Then go to Device Manager by searching it in the start menu, click on your Graphics Card (should be under display adapters) right click properties>driver>roll back driver. After this MAKE SURE YOU DON'T HAVE AMD GAMING EVOLVED RUNNING AND PLAYS.TV (I'd advise to uninstall plays.tv) RUNNING AT THE SAME TIME, this causes frequent crashes. When you start up AMD Evolved Gaming, it will recognize that you don't have the latest driver (15.7), make sure you don't install it because you will be repeating this whole process over again. Please give feedback if this helped you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                fahrein77

Since 15.7, my PC started lagging. My Diablo3 games also stutter. Using Latency Mon is says something to do with graphic driver under run..thinking or reverting to older driver. Good job AMD..

danil_shapovalov

Install the driver amd catalyst 15.7 on Lenovo z575 system began to hang, closing AMD program. The last driver laptop made in 2012 and already in 2015 make it a stable driver !!! Graphic notebook AMD Radeon 6480G and AMD Radeon HD 6650M