1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 12, 2016 4:17 PM by cobrakilla

Graphics Card Constantly Crashing AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

foresthaww

ok so im sorry if there is already a topic for my exact problem. im very new to all of this i only created an account so i could get help for this.

dxdiag says that my graphics card's name is AMD Radeon R9 200 Series, chip type AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6810), DAC Type: Internal DAC(400MHz), approximately 4095 MB in memory. my display mode is 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz), my monitor is a generic PnP monitor.

for main driver it says aticfx64.dll, version 15.200.1046.0, WHQL Logo'd: Yes, DDI Version: 11, Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

idk what most of that means but im writing it down in case you all need it in order to help me.

my pc is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601), processor: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-core Processor ~3.5GHz, 8192MB Ram, with DirectX Version: DirectX 11.

now, i play video games pretty frequently and my graphics card has never had any issues with anything. one game ive played pretty often is FFXIV:ARR (Final Fantasy 14 A Realm Reborn). i opened the game for the first time in a long time yesterday and had no issues. i was excited for my paycheck to go through to my bank so that the next day i could buy a world transfer to play with my friends on another server.

the next day comes (which is today) and when i boot up the game i can play for a few seconds before my screen goes completely blue. not blue screen of death blue, but like, a very faint, almost whitish baby blue color. and sometimes black lines accompany it. and im sure thats my graphics just crapping out on me. here is a photo of my screen https://41.media.tumblr.com/b4fbd75e4427ad7dd17dd708550314d2/tumblr_nrotcatsyC1qlpt4do1_1280.jpg

every time i go into the game it does this. at one point though i salvaged it somehow? or my pc did. when it started to crap out it eventually came back and i got a message in my startbar tray that said that my graphics card or driver or something had crashed but then recovered. my screen was kinda weird and some things didnt show up properly for a bit. i closed the game and figured all i needed to do was update my driver.

so i updated my driver. everything started showing up properly again. i restart my game, log into FFXIV, and my graphics card craps out even harder and then my screen looks like this https://36.media.tumblr.com/12b6981ac6c1123496d22ed280b6f760/tumblr_nrp3flyIFT1qlpt4do1_1280.jpg

i updated my driver and ive never had any issues, ANY with this graphics card, or with this video game, and it was working 100% just fine yesterday. what is the problem??