2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2015 2:19 PM by andysvw

HD Radeon 4830 Catalyst on Windows 8.1 / 10 Problem

andysvw

Hello,

my name is Andy and im new here.

I have a problem. And I hope you can help me.

I searched the whole Internet but I didn't find a solution what could helped me.

I have the following situation.

I have an older Graphic Card the His Radeon HD 4830 512MB.

Under Windows 8 there is no Problem.

But since 8.1 and now 10 I have the Problem I cant Install the CCC. No that is not correct.

I can Install the CCC but Im not able to execute it because I if I try to execute it I get an Error Message.

I tried a lot of drivers if it was 13.1, or 13.4 or 13.9.

I have the same Problems with all Versions.

I can Install the driver and CCC but I cant execute the CCC.

Also I read the the support for HD 4 Series ended with Windows 8.

Yesterday I changed to Win 10 and now I have the problem that I have have black stripes arround my screen. I know it has something to do with Overlay underscan Setting in the Catalyst.

And I would change the settings, but I have no access to the catalyst.

Now my question to you ... is there a way to execute CCC under Windows 8.1 or 10 with my 4830 ?

The driver I could install it manually ... but I need the access to the CCC ...

Thank you in advanced

Andy

• Re: HD Radeon 4830 Catalyst on Windows 8.1 / 10 Problem
          kingfish

Not that I know of. The 4xxx series does not meet the minimum requirements for Windows 8.1. Windows 10 will furnish you basic function graphics, but your card/chip is too outdated for any updates. You will receive little of the benefits Windows 10 provides. Your best bet is to go back to Windows 7

• Re: HD Radeon 4830 Catalyst on Windows 8.1 / 10 Problem
              andysvw

Yes I know, that my card is too old.

But I made it. The catalyst is running now on Win 10 with my HD 4830 Card.

All what I had to do is :

I had to deinstall the ccc completely with drivers etc.

Then on the properties of my graphic card I had to use the Windows Driver instead of the AMD Driver.

And then I installed amd_catalyst_13.4_legacy_beta_vista_win7_win8

And now all is running and the CCC is also running without any problems.

But I know I need a new graphic card.