1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 18, 2015 6:27 AM by kingfish

Win7 Bluescreen BCC 116 atimpag.sys - HD Radeon 4850

stevekelly

Hi there,

I'm now regularly getting bluescreen with BCC 116, the bluescreen message mentions 'atimpag.sys' file (I'm assuming this is relating somehow to the cause of the issue).

Brief history:

I've had my Dell PC running Win 7 64bit for a few years with no issues.  Then due to an issue with the new version of Lightroom (photo-editing software, v6.0), I was advised (by Adobe support, under advice from AMD...apparently) to try different versions of the drivers for my graphics card to try to get a new feature of Lightroom 6 working... the new feature being accelerated GPU performance.

Long story short, I couldn't get the 'LR6 GPU improvement' feature to work, I discovered Capture One (a different photo-editing software), gave up on Lightroom, and that was that.

Fast forward a few weeks and out of the blue I started getting bluescreen with BCC 116 (atimpag.sys).

Did a fair bit of research, suspected some driver conflict, tried a whole bunch of different stuff re: driver updates/rollbacks/uninstalls/reinstalls, and got nowhere. So onto my current situation...

Current Status:

Approx 1 week ago I did a complete reinstall of Windows, formatted my c: drive, wiped everything, and started again from very fresh.

It's still a fairly clean install, not added much software, just Capture One (which in turn needs MS .NET framework version 4.5.2 installing), MS Office and Chrome so far.

Oh, and the latest driver for my HD Radeon 4850.

All the windows updates have been added.

Now today the same issue has started happening again.

Bluescreen with BCC code 116, mentions atimpag.sys.

Happened a few times, the last time it happened I noted the time it happened. Check the windows event viewer (system) and there was nothing at all there for the time it happened (which was a disappointing surprise).

The only other piece of info I can think right now that might help is that the last 2 crashes happened when playing video.  First time was a video clip in WMP, second/last time was playing a video clip on Youtube (in chrome).

it's working so far this time, but I haven't opened any video clips.

Please help, I am desparate!!

Do let me know if there is any more info I can give to help find the solution.

Thanks much.

Steve.