3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2015 2:55 AM by katsutoshi

Issues with A10 APU after Cat Install

tegron

I have new clean installs on A10 APU's and both rigs have issues when I install the 15.7 or 14.5 catalyst. Anyone know if its a case of bad APU chips themselves?

• Re: Issues with A10 APU after Cat Install
          amd_chris

Could you please give more information about which APU's you have as well as the Operating Systems installed.

Were these systems working previously with older driver packages? If so which ones?

Were these systems working previously with other Operating Systems installed? If so which ones?

Also if you could go into slightly more detail about the "issue" you are having after installing these drivers so we can further understand where to take any troubleshooting.

Lastly, have you tired using the Auto Detect Tool to make sure that the correct drivers are being installed?

tegron

I have 2 Systems

A)

A-10-7800 Windows 7 SP 1 64 Bit

Clean Install -

The above system I tried everything trying to disable integrated video card in bios, going back prior to cat install and will try

Catalyst-15.7-With-DOTNet45-Win7-64bit again, while integrated disabled.

Using dedicated AMD 7800 Class video card.

B)

A-10-7870 Windows 8.1 64 Bit -

I am trying to download and install video drivers from the manufacturer of the motherboard.

Update: Manufacturer Cat Drivers seemed to work fine, then I started to install software and Pc restarted again.

Will RMA the APU I guess.

Any ideas would be great!

katsutoshi

Here, if i install Catalyst 15.7, the iGP for A10-7850K doesn't change the clock from 351Mhz... Even playing very demanding resources games, the clock doesn't change.

With Catalyst 14.xx and 15.6 Beta it don't happen and the clock changes from 351Mhz to 720 Mhz when playing games and changes back to 351 Mhz when the system is idle.