3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2015 2:34 PM by hendi330

Shadow of Mordor locks up

fistc70

Hello,

I recently downloaded the current driver 15.7 and everything works good except when I play Shadow of Mordor. When I am playing the game and some time after I first start, I use the "Focus" attack and then sporadically the game locks up and quits. So far it only happens when I use the "Focus" attack. There isn't any error code when it happens, I usually open the task manager and stop the shadow of mordor process. I first downloaded the current 15.7 a day after the release, used DDU to uninstall the previous driver, installed the 15.7 driver, and then it started happening. All of my other games work great ie. Metro Last Light, Project Cars, Dirt Rally, COD AW, and Grid Motorsport. So I tried different profiles and adjustments...even dropped the power percent on my GPU to a 20% reduction using MSI afterburner, which caused the game to freeze quicker during normal game play. Then today I used DDU again and re-installed the 15.7 driver and it still locks up. I even tried different OC'n 4.4ghz, 4.5 ghz, and 4.8ghz. Any suggestions?

Current system specs:

FX 8350

Asus CVFZ MOBO

G Skill Trident X 16gb (2x8)

Sapphire R9 295x2 GPU

RM1000 PSU

Samsung 850 Pro 256 gb (OS)

Samsung 850 EVO 1 tb (for my games)

Corsair H100i

Windows 7 Home 64bit

Benq XL2730z (Using minid DP for the high refresh and Freesync)

• Re: Shadow of Mordor locks up
          reapsterpl

Add diablo 3 to the list, screen freezes gameplay goes on sounds are ok just display is frozen.  I can alt-tab and kil lthe process no issue , this poped up after i installed 15.7 had a 15fps drop in warthunder aswell for some reason and 10 less fps in world of warships beta(no patch done just the driver for the gpu changed), overall 15.7 is TRSA for me till it gets fixe (try, remove,stay away)

• Re: Shadow of Mordor locks up
            hendi330

Yes my shadow of mordor doesnt work too... if i start it, it only shows the loading screen and i cant even press on start game or something like this, after i close shadow of mordor my  display graphic settings got reseted and the windows information says: middle earth: shadow of mordor has changed the colour scheme to windows 7-basic