13 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2016 1:20 PM by natasha

Intel / ATI PowerXpress & fglrx

natasha

I have a notebook Lenovo IdeaPad G500A (59-381065) with Intel HD Graphics 4000 and AMD Radeon HD 8750M videocards (PowerXpress technology):

# lspci -nn | grep 'VGA\|ATI'

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller [8086:0166] (rev 09)

01:00.0 Display controller [0380]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Mars [Radeon HD 8670A/8670M/8750M] [1002:6600]

I use Linux openSUSE 13.1. Tried also openSUSE 11.4 -- 12.3, Ubuntu 12.04, Debian 8 Jessie, the same result.

Graphics doesn't start on the discrete AMD card with fglrx driver (tried all 13.8 -- 15.7 versions of fglrx):

<6>[fglrx] Try to set gart size 2697M failed, should be within 0M and 0M. Discard the setting. in dmesg

and

(EE) fglrx(0): Failed to open CMMQS connection. in Xorg.0.log.

Seems the former error is the reason of the later one. Here are full Xorg.0.log and dmesg corresponding to 15.7-th driver (it was installed executing .run file of the driver from 3-rd runlevel).

Could anybody help me to obtain properly working fglrx driver on my system, please?

Any help is appreciated.

Response by AMD staff is particularly highly appreciated.

-------------------------------------------------------

Corresponding bug-report: Bug 1019 - Failed to start X.

Very similar bug-report (in fact the same bug, but with a bit other models of cards): Bug 1152 - *ERROR* CMMQS initialization is failed on AMD Sun PRO [Radeon HD 8570A/8570M].

There are a lot of such unsuccessful tries to run graphics with fglrx on such systems. Some of such tries are listed here (+ active tries to get it working with ROSA Linux: Проблема с видео на Sun PRO [Radeon HD 8570A/8570M] (in Russian)).

However, some similar systems do work with AMD proprietary driver: Olav from openSUSE forum: AMD / Intel drivers problem uses dedicated AMD card without any problems... But why fglrx driver cannot work on my notebook???

In Release Notes to the latest (15.7-th) driver AMD signed among new features that "AMD PowerXpress support for laptops equipped with Intel 6th generation (Skylake) CPUs".

But what about other generations of processors (3-rd Gen, in my case)?

-------------------------------------------------------

Regards, Natalia

• Re: Intel / ATI PowerXpress & fglrx
          natasha

I have updated my system to openSUSE 13.2,

> lsb_release -idrc && echo Kernel Release: `uname -r`

Distributor ID: openSUSE project

Description:    openSUSE 13.2 (Harlequin) (x86_64)

Release:        13.2

Codename:      Harlequin

Kernel Release: 3.16.7-24-desktop

but still there is no success with fglrx.

Before fglrx installation I have

# lspci -nnk -s 00:01:00.0

01:00.0 Display controller [0380]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Mars [Radeon HD 8670A/8670M/8750M] [1002:6600] (rev ff)

Kernel driver in use: radeon

Kernel modules: radeon

Boot into 3-rd runlevel.

Try to install driver as

# ./amd-driver-installer-15.20.1046-x86.x86_64.run

The following message is obtained:

"Your graphics adapter is not supported by this driver. Installation will not proceed."

and one line

./amd_dcm64: No supported adapters detected

in fglrx-install.log.

Build .rpm packages:

# ./amd-driver-installer-15.20.1046-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg SuSE/SUSE-autodetection

.rpm packages are successfully generated. Install them as described in the output of building:

# zypper install fglrx64_xpic_SUSE132-15.20.1046-1.x86_64.rpm fglrx64_core_SUSE132-15.20.1046-1.x86_64.rpm fglrx64_graphics_SUSE132-15.20.1046-1.x86_64.rpm fglrx64_amdcccle_SUSE132-15.20.1046-1.x86_64.rpm fglrx64_opencl_SUSE132-15.20.1046-1.x86_64.rpm

It installs the packages with warning "sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib64/libOpenCL.so.1 is not a symbolic link".

Do

# aticonfig --initial -f

aticonfig: No supported adapters detected

In order to have xorg.conf file, copy some other standard generated (with previous version of openSUSE) xorg.conf into /etc/X11/ folder.

Do

# aticonfig --px-dgpu

aticonfig: No supported adapters detected

When installed .rpm-packages, it wrote "Switch to AMD" lines, so reboot.

Graphics doesn't start, black screen. The corresponding Xorg.0.log and dmesg (with the same failure when setting gart size, as earlier).

Help me, please.

kadogo

So as you ask I add here my kernel configuration.

Maybe it can help.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              meva

Have you done it?

I'm working on 'fglrx' installation for 4 days..

GPU: Amd Radeon HD8570M

Lets check out conditions on AMD official site:

i'll use this driver. http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Linux%20x86_64

• Xorg/Xserver 7.4 and above (up to 1.17)
              • Linux kernel 2.6 or above (up to 3.19)
              • glibc version 2.2 or 2.3 
              • POSIX Shared Memory (/dev/shm) support is required for 3D applications

These conditions OK.. But when i install 'fglrx', result is:  Not supported adapters detect!

Help me guys, please..

natasha

Hi!

Unfortunately, I haven't solved this.

About the general problem.

Here there is an assumption that in my case this is because of firmware is not adapted to needed operations under Linux (allocation of memory for GART)... In principle, this is believable. And this seems explains why the same hardware works perfectly in the laptop from another vendor.

I don't want to leave this, but I don't have experience in dealing with BIOS and firmware, so, as minimum, I have to read some literature...

About "Not supported adapters detect!"

Now I have openSUSE 42.1 installed, with 4.1.15-th kernel. When I try to install fglrx, it writes that cannot find appropriate device. Manual building of the driver packages also doesn't proceed. This is described here, and isn't solved yet.

I am not sure that I will be able to help you, but could you show the results of

uname -r

lspci | grep 'VGA\|ATI\|3D

tell the model of your notebook and describe how do you install driver?'

meva

hi !

I've read all discussions.. I cant understand, how AMD does not support its GPUs on Linux?? This is madness..  Whats the responsibilities of AMD/ATI support teams? They cannot see that Windows is falling and Linux is rising.. Whatever...

~#uname -r

4.4.0-kali1-amd64

~#lspci | grep VGA

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09)

~#lspci | grep Display

1:00.0 Display controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Sun PRO [Radeon HD 8570A/8570M] (rev ff)

My notebook: Lenovo G500 (i dont know ideapad or thinkpad, but maybe ideapad )

for install fglrx; i downloaded driver at official AMD, suitable with my GPU.. and command run

I was aware of something. AMD does not support kernel version 4.4.0  so, for this reason i cant install

fglrx, i think..  There are some patch to install fglrx on kernel 4.4.0, but i could not get anything.

i want so much to use gpu, but i am losing my hope

also amd is losing me...

natasha

Hi!

You don't understand! This is the blame of Linux developers, manufacturers of machines, users, etc. -- not of AMD. AMD makes excellent drivers and has an excellent support (actually, they even don't need support since the drivers are so good)! (at least, I have such impression after communication at the above mentioned discussion)

In substance.

So, seems your problem is the same as mine...

Thinking about success of  from fglrx driver and Kernel version 4.x, I have tried to manually build and install driver packages corresponding to openSUSE 13.2 (since this is the last formally supported version of openSUSE in *.run --listpkg). It has been installed formally successfully. However, as earlier, it doesn't really run graphics because of allocation of memory failure (I have came to the initial problem).

So, try to build packages for some Debian release (if I'm not mistaken, Kali is made on the base of Debian) with *.run --buildpkg Debian/... and manually install .deb packages. May be, you will have to do aticonfig --initial -f in order to produce /etc/X11/xorg.conf file.

Likely, after reboot you will obtain black screen like me, but who knows, maybe you will be more successful than I. In the case of black screen, navigate to a virtual terminal (Ctrl + Alt + F1), login, make your /etc/X11/xorg.conf like this,

Section "ServerLayout"

Identifier     "aticonfig Layout"

EndSection

make aticonfig --px-igpu, and reboot. Graphics has start on the Intel GPU.

Write about the result, please.

meva

Hi!

Firstly i am sorry, i am late to reply.. I had some problems, so i cant working on linux.

Whatever, i've already applied you said. I've tried to install 'fglrx' corresponding to Debians/(all release). But result was same. I'll sent you error messages from console. I want find way to install 'fglrx'. Also i want to see blackscreen on my monitor, too . On the other hand, i have not been able to install 'fglrx' yet.

I've seen some patches to 'fglrx' for kernel 4.2, but i cant apply. My linux experiment is not so good If you help me on this issue, maybe we can win . Nowadays i am in competition: 'fglrx'  vs 'me' 

Actually, i cant understanst the errors.

Console entries:

:~# ./amd-driver-installer-15.302-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Debian/stable

Generating package: Debian/stable

cp: cannot stat '/root/Downloads/fglrx-15.302/fglrx-install.zB64PT/x710_64a/*': No such file or directory

Package build failed!

Package build utility output:

dpkg-buildpackage: source package fglrx-installer

dpkg-buildpackage: source version 15.302-1

dpkg-buildpackage: source distribution experimental

dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by AMD: Advanced Micro Devices. <http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html>

dpkg-source --before-build fglrx.D67vy3

dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture amd64

debian/rules build

dh_testdir

# move licenses away from binary dir

if [ ! -d usr/share/doc/fglrx ]; then \

mkdir -p usr/share/doc/fglrx; \

mv usr/X11R6/bin/LICENSE.* usr/share/doc/fglrx; \

fi

# set executable on user apps

find usr/X11R6/bin -type f | xargs chmod a+x

# remove exec bit from files that don't deserve it

find usr/X11R6/include \

usr/X11R6/lib \

usr/X11R6/lib64 \

usr/share usr/src     -type f | xargs chmod -x

find: 'usr/X11R6/include': No such file or directory

find lib -not -name "*.sh" -type f | xargs chmod -x

find lib      -name "*.sh" -type f | xargs chmod +x

# set proper permissions on /etc files

if [ -d etc/ati ]; then            \

chmod 755 etc/ati ;            \

chmod 644 etc/ati/* ;        \

chmod a+x etc/ati/*.sh ;    \

fi

if [ -f debian/fglrx.default ]; then \

mv -v debian/fglrx.default debian/fglrx; \

fi

'debian/fglrx.default' -> 'debian/fglrx'

# remove exec bit from 64-bit libs too

find usr/X11R6/lib64       -type f | xargs chmod -x

debian/rules binary

dh_testdir

# move licenses away from binary dir

if [ ! -d usr/share/doc/fglrx ]; then \

mkdir -p usr/share/doc/fglrx; \

mv usr/X11R6/bin/LICENSE.* usr/share/doc/fglrx; \

fi

# set executable on user apps

find usr/X11R6/bin -type f | xargs chmod a+x

# remove exec bit from files that don't deserve it

find usr/X11R6/include \

usr/X11R6/lib \

usr/X11R6/lib64 \

usr/share usr/src     -type f | xargs chmod -x

find: 'usr/X11R6/include': No such file or directory

find lib -not -name "*.sh" -type f | xargs chmod -x

find lib      -name "*.sh" -type f | xargs chmod +x

# set proper permissions on /etc files

if [ -d etc/ati ]; then            \

chmod 755 etc/ati ;            \

chmod 644 etc/ati/* ;        \

chmod a+x etc/ati/*.sh ;    \

fi

if [ -f debian/fglrx.default ]; then \

mv -v debian/fglrx.default debian/fglrx; \

fi

# remove exec bit from 64-bit libs too

find usr/X11R6/lib64       -type f | xargs chmod -x

dh_testdir

dh_testroot

dh_clean -k

dh_clean: dh_clean -k is deprecated; use dh_prep instead

dh_clean: Compatibility levels before 5 are deprecated (level 4 in use)

dh_installdirs

dh_installdirs: Compatibility levels before 5 are deprecated (level 4 in use)

# Create the directories to install into

dh_installdirs -pfglrx-driver \

usr \

usr/lib/xorg \

usr/lib/xorg/modules \

usr/lib/dri \

usr/bin \

usr/sbin \

etc/acpi \

etc/acpi/events \

etc/default \

etc/X11/Xsession.d

# the amd64 package includes 32bit compatibility libraries

dh_installdirs -pfglrx-driver \

emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib \

emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/xorg \

emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/xorg/modules \

emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/dri

dh_installdirs -pfglrx-driver-dev \

usr \

usr/include \

usr/lib

dh_installdirs -pfglrx-kernel-src \

usr/src/modules/fglrx \

usr/src/modules/fglrx/debian

dh_installdirs -A -pfglrx-amdcccle \

usr \

usr/bin \

usr/share \

usr/share/applnk \

usr/share/applications \

usr/share/icons \

usr/share/pixmaps

dh_installdirs -p \

usr/src

dh_install

dh_install: Compatibility levels before 5 are deprecated (level 4 in use)

dh_install -pfglrx-driver "usr/X11R6/bin/fgl*"      "usr/bin"

dh_install -pfglrx-driver "usr/X11R6/bin/aticonfig" "usr/bin"

dh_install -pfglrx-driver "usr/sbin/atieventsd"     "usr/sbin"

dh_installman -pfglrx-driver "usr/share/man/man8/atieventsd.8"

dh_installman: Compatibility levels before 5 are deprecated (level 4 in use)

# amd64 needs some library redirection

dh_install -pfglrx-driver "usr/X11R6/lib64/*.so*"           "usr/lib"

dh_install -pfglrx-driver "usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/dri"     "usr/lib"

dh_install -pfglrx-driver "usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/linux"   "usr/lib/xorg/modules"

dh_install -pfglrx-driver "usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/drivers" "usr/lib/xorg/modules"

dh_install -pfglrx-driver "usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/extensions" "usr/lib/xorg/modules"

dh_install -pfglrx-driver "usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/*.so"    "usr/lib/xorg/modules"

dh_install -pfglrx-driver "usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/*.a"     "usr/lib/xorg/modules"

dh_install -pfglrx-driver "usr/X11R6/lib/*.so*"           "emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib"

dh_install -pfglrx-driver "usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri"     "emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib"

dh_install -pfglrx-driver "etc/fglrx*"                "etc"

dh_install -pfglrx-driver "etc/ati"                   "etc"

dh_install -pfglrx-driver "debian/70fglrx"            "etc/X11/Xsession.d"

dh_install -pfglrx-driver "debian/fglrx-powermode.sh" "etc/acpi"

dh_install -pfglrx-driver "debian/fglrx-*-aticonfig"  "etc/acpi/events"

dh_install -pfglrx-driver "debian/fglrx"              "etc/default"

dh_installinit -pfglrx-driver --name="atieventsd"

dh_installinit: Compatibility levels before 5 are deprecated (level 4 in use)

# create symlinks to shared libs

dh_link    -pfglrx-driver "usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2"          "usr/lib/libGL.so.1"

dh_link: Compatibility levels before 5 are deprecated (level 4 in use)

dh_link    -pfglrx-driver "emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2" "emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/libGL.so.1"

dh_install -pfglrx-driver-dev "usr/X11R6/lib64/*.a" "usr/lib"

dh_install -pfglrx-driver-dev "usr/X11R6/include/*" "usr/include"

dh_install -pfglrx-driver-dev "usr/include/*"       "usr/include"

dh_install -pfglrx-kernel-src \

lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/*.c            \

lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/*.h            \

lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/*.sh           \

lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/lib*           \

lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/Makefile \

usr/src/modules/fglrx

dh_install -pfglrx-kernel-src "debian/changelog" "usr/src/modules/fglrx/debian"

dh_install -pfglrx-kernel-src  \

debian/copyright        \

debian/compat           \

module/rules            \

module/control.template \

module/dirs.template    \

module/postinst         \

usr/src/modules/fglrx/debian

(cd debian/fglrx-kernel-src/usr/src \

&& chown -R root:src modules \

&& tar -jcf fglrx.tar.bz2 modules \

&& rm -rf modules)

# control panel package

dh_install -A -pfglrx-amdcccle "usr/X11R6/bin/amdcccle"                    "usr/bin"

dh_install -A -pfglrx-amdcccle "usr/share/icons/*.xpm"                     "usr/share/icons"

dh_install -A -pfglrx-amdcccle "usr/share/icons/*.xpm"                     "usr/share/pixmaps"

dh_install -A -pfglrx-amdcccle "debian/amdcccle.desktop"                "usr/share/applications"

dh_install -A -pfglrx-amdcccle "debian/amdcccle.kdelnk"                    "usr/share/applnk"

dh_install -A -pfglrx-amdcccle "usr/share/ati"                            "usr/share"

dh_desktop    -pfglrx-amdcccle

dh_desktop: This program is deprecated, and does nothing anymore.

dh_desktop: Compatibility levels before 5 are deprecated (level 4 in use)

dh_installdocs

dh_installdocs: Compatibility levels before 5 are deprecated (level 4 in use)

dh_installdocs -pfglrx-driver usr/share/doc/fglrx/*

dh_installdocs: Compatibility levels before 5 are deprecated (level 4 in use)

#dh_installchangelogs

dh_link

dh_strip

dh_strip: Compatibility levels before 5 are deprecated (level 4 in use)

dh_compress

dh_compress: Compatibility levels before 5 are deprecated (level 4 in use)

dh_makeshlibs

dh_makeshlibs: Compatibility levels before 5 are deprecated (level 4 in use)

dh_installdeb

dh_installdeb: Compatibility levels before 5 are deprecated (level 4 in use)

LD_PRELOAD= dh_shlibdeps --exclude=emul

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/fglrx-driver/usr/sbin/atieventsd contains an unresolvable reference to symbol XauFileName: it's probably a plugin

dpkg-shlibdeps: error: couldn't find library libatiuki.so.1 needed by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libatiadlxx.so (ELF format: 'elf64-x86-64'; RPATH: '')

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XextRemoveDisplay used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libfglrx_dm.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _XReply used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libfglrx_dm.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _XRead used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libfglrx_dm.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XextCreateExtension used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libfglrx_dm.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XextFindDisplay used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libfglrx_dm.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XextAddDisplay used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libfglrx_dm.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _XFlush used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libfglrx_dm.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _XFlush used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _ZdlPv used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XCreateImage used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol dlopen used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _Znam used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol pthread_cancel used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XGetGeometry used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XextRemoveDisplay used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XTranslateCoordinates used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XPutImage used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: 34 other similar warnings have been skipped (use -v to see them all)

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/fglrx-driver/usr/sbin/atieventsd debian/fglrx-driver/usr/bin/aticonfig were not linked against libXrender.so.1 (they use none of the library's symbols)

dpkg-shlibdeps: error: cannot continue due to the error above

Note: libraries are not searched in other binary packages that do not have any shlibs or symbols file.

To help dpkg-shlibdeps find private libraries, you might need to use -l.

dh_shlibdeps: dpkg-shlibdeps -Tdebian/fglrx-driver.substvars debian/fglrx-driver/usr/sbin/atieventsd debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libfglrx_dm.so.1.0 debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/dri/fglrx_dri.so debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libXvBAW.so.1.0 debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libatiadlxx.so debian/fglrx-driver/usr/bin/aticonfig debian/fglrx-driver/usr/bin/fgl_glxgears debian/fglrx-driver/usr/bin/fglrxinfo returned exit code 2

debian/rules:108: recipe for target 'binary' failed

make: *** [binary] Error 2

dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2

Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install.zB64PT

natasha

Hi!

Seems I know this problem...

cp: cannot stat '/root/Downloads/fglrx-15.302/fglrx-install.zB64PT/x710_64a/*': No such file or directory

xpic_64a should be instead of x710_64a.

But glrx-install.zB64PT is a temporary folder. So you have to proceed in more complicated way.

# ./amd-driver-installer-15.302-x86.x86_64.run --extract ./Pack

where Pack is a folder for extraction.

# cd Pack

# grep -R 'x710' ./*

./packages/Fedora/ati-packager.sh:    FC6)           X11_RELEASE='x710';;

./packages/Fedora/ati-packager.sh:    F7|F8)         X11_RELEASE='x710';;

./packages/Debian/ChangeLog:    - added a work-around for fireglcontrolpanel on x710 targets

./packages/Debian/ati-packager.sh:        etch|stable|4.0) X_DIR=x710; X_NAME=etch;;

./packages/Debian/ati-packager.sh:        lenny|testing) X_DIR=x710; X_NAME=lenny;;

./packages/Debian/ati-packager.sh:        sid|unstable) X_DIR=x710; X_NAME=sid;;

./packages/Debian/ati-packager.sh:        experimental) X_DIR=x710; X_NAME=experimental;;

Binary file ./xpic/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/amdxmm.so matches

Binary file ./xpic_64a/usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/amdxmm.so matches

So, you should change 'x710' with 'xpic' in ./packages/Debian/ati-packager.sh. Then, you should build .deb-packages and install them manually.

In order to make them, you should create folder /etc/ati/custom-package and copy Pack/packages/Debian/ati-packager.sh there. Run it from there as ./ati-packager.sh --buildpkg stable. It will write that some files cannot be found. Copy them from the Pack folder. When you give everything that it wants, it has to produce .deb packages in /etc/ati directory. Try to install them.

meva

Hi!

Now, i've done your suggestions. Of course, i encountered errors I could fix some of them, copied files which ati-packager.sh needs, except one. I will show you down.  I hope you can solve this. Which folder is debian ? I don't have it

In addition, i want to thank you for help. You've done so much things for my problems.

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/fglrx-driver/usr/sbin/atieventsd contains an unresolvable reference to symbol XauFileName: it's probably a plugin

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XextFindDisplay used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libfglrx_dm.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _XReply used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libfglrx_dm.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XextAddDisplay used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libfglrx_dm.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XextRemoveDisplay used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libfglrx_dm.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _XRead used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libfglrx_dm.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XextCreateExtension used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libfglrx_dm.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _XFlush used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libfglrx_dm.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: error: couldn't find library libatiuki.so.1 needed by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libatiadlxx.so (ELF format: 'elf64-x86-64'; RPATH: '')

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XCloseDisplay used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XF86DRIOpenConnection used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol sem_wait used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _XFlush used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol pthread_join used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XCreateGC used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _XRead used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol sem_post used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _XReply used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XextCreateExtension used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: 34 other similar warnings have been skipped (use -v to see them all)

dpkg-shlibdeps: error: couldn't find library libatiuki.so.1 needed by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/xorg/modules/linux/libfglrxdrm.so (ELF format: 'elf64-x86-64'; RPATH: '')

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/fglrx-driver/usr/bin/aticonfig debian/fglrx-driver/usr/sbin/atieventsd were not linked against libXrender.so.1 (they use none of the library's symbols)

dpkg-shlibdeps: error: cannot continue due to the errors listed above

Note: libraries are not searched in other binary packages that do not have any shlibs or symbols file.

To help dpkg-shlibdeps find private libraries, you might need to use -l.

dh_shlibdeps: dpkg-shlibdeps -Tdebian/fglrx-driver.substvars debian/fglrx-driver/usr/sbin/atieventsd debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libfglrx_dm.so.1.0 debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/dri/fglrx_dri.so debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libXvBAW.so.1.0 debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libatiadlxx.so debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/xorg/modules/linux/libfglrxdrm.so debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/fglrx/fglrx-libglx.so debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/xorg/modules/amdxmm.so debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/xorg/modules/glesx.so debian/fglrx-driver/usr/bin/aticonfig debian/fglrx-driver/usr/bin/fgl_glxgears debian/fglrx-driver/usr/bin/fglrxinfo returned exit code 2

debian/rules:108: recipe for target 'binary' failed

make: *** [binary] Error 2

dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2

natasha

Hi!

Excuse me for the delay with response.

This is the reason of fail,

debian is a temporary folder, which is deleted after execution of script. If you comment out the line

rm -rf ${TmpDrvFilesDir} > /dev/null

in the ati-packager.sh, you will be able to see it inside /tmp/fglrx.XXXXXX folder, where XXXXXX is a random set of letters and numbers.

So I have tried to install this driver on my Debian Jessie which I have on flash (full installation, hasn't been updated for a long time).

However, when I run

/etc/ati/custom-package# ./ati-packager.sh --buildpkg stable

a very similar to your error was obtained, but about fail to find libGL.so.1. I fix this with adding two lines into /etc/ati/custom-package/dists/sid/rules:

# amd64 needs some library redirection

ifeq ($(DEB_BUILD_ARCH),amd64)

. . .

dh_install -p$(PKG_driver) "usr/X11R6/lib64/fglrx/*.so*"     "usr/lib"

dh_install -p$(PKG_driver) "usr/X11R6/lib/fglrx/*.so*"         "emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib"

else

. . .

endif

and changing lines

dh_link -p$(PKG_driver) "usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2"      "usr/lib/libGL.so.1"

dh_link -p$(PKG_driver) "emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2"      "emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/libGL.so.1"

to

dh_link -p$(PKG_driver) "usr/lib/fglrx-libGL.so.1.2"      "usr/lib/libGL.so.1"

dh_link -p$(PKG_driver) "emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/fglrx-libGL.so.1.2"      "emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/libGL.so.1"

(this lead to some additional warnings, but seems they are not critical).

.deb packages were built. However, they don't want to be installed -- write that some system dependencies cannot be found; maybe, I do something wrong...

The error about libatiuki (just relative to libatiadlxx.so, 32 bit) I have obtained with --buildpkg lenny and sid,

dpkg-shlibdeps: error: couldn't find library libatiuki.so.1 needed by debian/fglrx-driver/emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/libatiadlxx.so (ELF format: 'elf32-i386'; RPATH: '')

But errors about libGL.so.1 have been also present. Now I don't know how to fix this error about 32-bit libatiuki.

So, about your problem, try to add the following lines into the correspondent rules file:

dh_install -p$(PKG_driver) "usr/lib64/libatiuki.so*"     "usr/lib"

dh_link -p$(PKG_driver) "usr/lib/libatiuki.so.1.0"      "usr/lib/libatiuki.so.1"

Maybe, this will help...