0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2015 6:09 PM by mstratford

BSOD's when installing Drivers on Windows 7,8.1 and 10!

mstratford

Hello there,

I am having many problems with my custom built gaming machine, which have only begun since installing Windows 10 on a separate HDD.

This is my machine: AMD FX-8350, MSI Radeon R9 280X, BitFenix Colossus Micro - System Build - PCPartPicker United Kingdom

Every time I try and install the drivers on Windows 7, 8.1 or a fresh 10166 Windows 10 install, I get BSOD's (sometimes so quick that the machine just restarts immediately). This is a real pain, as this process also prevents Windows 10 builds from updating, as it BSOD's during the 2nd stage of the "Updating Windows" screen. This means I have to clean install every single build. These BSOD's mention files like AtiHdWt76.sys on Windows 7, as well as other files of similar names on the other Windows versions.

The main problem I have at the moment which is causing me to try to install the Win 10 drivers manually is that when the Windows Update ones are installed, none of the Metro Apps load, I get messages like "Element Not Found".

Anyone got any ideas? I really want to use Windows 10 as my new OS with my free upgrade, but at this rate it will still be a year afterwards and my machine will still be unusable, meaning I will miss out!?!?!?!

Regards,

Matthew.