4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2015 5:45 AM by goodplay

Request for Automatic "Post Edited" notification.

goodplay

Currently,posts can be edited with no requirement to note this.

If possible, can a date/time be Automatically implemented into bottom of post(reason for edit optional). 

• Re: Request for Automatic "Post Edited" notification.

I'll do a little more digging, but I don't believe making the edit notation mandatory is an option. The way it appears to work is...

* When you edit your initial post, this option appears beneath the edit box.

EsitPost.png

Obviously, this is optional. I have also discovered this is inaccurate - there appears to be no time stamp, just your handle. (You are the only person who can edit your content, except for admins, and we almost never do that.)

* when you edit your reply to a post, there is no such option.

With that in mind, can you be specific in what you're asking for? Such as:

* make this option mandatory

* make this option available for replies

* make it add a time stamp like it says it does

* make the person and time stamp info static (not editable)

* etc, all of the above, whatever.

About the most I can do is make a feature request back to the Jive folks. I'll go poke around the configuration options and see if I can make this option default to on, but I doubt that's an option. Even if it is, all it does is add content to the message, which you can of course edit.

(EDIT: I can find no way to modify this behavior in Jive. In a bit of recursion, I note that while editing, since this is a reply, there is no way I can add a date/time stamp to the edit, or identify who is doing the edit.)

1 of 1 people found this helpful