0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2015 3:01 PM by ossie97

AMD r7 M260DX won't run my games on high performance GPU

ossie97

Hello fellow AMD users,

I am having some trouble in getting my GPU to run in high performance mode mode with the games that i wanna play (league of legends, Final fantasy XIII steam edition, C9)

When i set the gpu for the application in CCC, no matter what choice i make it will run with the Power Saving GPU (as i can check by tracking the GPU in CCC)

the weird thing is, dat 3D mark 11 basic edition is the only exception to actually run in High Performance mode. ( see pictures )

My setup is the Lenovo z50-75 laptop with the amd fx-7500 cpu, R7(tm) integrated graphics and a R7 M260DX Dedicated graphics card

switchable graphics settings.PNG

My settings for Switchable Graphics

gpu monitor 3dmark.PNG

My GPU monitor in amd catalyst control center, highlighting that 3Dmark actually runs on high performance

gpu monitor ffxiii.PNG

My GPU monitor in amd catalyst control center, highlighting that Final fantasy XIII is running on the power saving GPU

I find this really weird, because i purchased the notebook so i could run not really graphic-heavy games on mid-low settings and get a decent frame rate.

Thanks in advance!