2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2015 2:16 PM by nano93

R7 265 Driver Issue

nano93

Hi everyone,

I am ivano (and sorry for my english).

It's a few days that known computer problems, probably due to the video card driver. I have the SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R7 265 2GB GDDR5.

I say "probably" because when I use software that make use of the video card, noted an increase in the cpu fan speed (I have the AMD FX-8320).

I also had the crash with Windows BSOD screen.

This the result of the last crash:

1) SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED with driver atikmdag.sys

2) DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE with driver hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe

Now i have istalled the last driver amd with version 14.502.1014.1001 but i tried all those available, unistalling and reinstalling more than once.

The problems remain... Cpu fan speed increases and the PC freezes. I precise that the PC is new, it is assembled and has a few months of life.

I noticed something else: when driver amd are istalled, in the command prompt read the message "[0x7FFB10DE18E0] ANOMALY: meaningless REX prefix used".

What is your opinion? Some incompatibility?

Ahh I have Windows 8.1 x64.

I hope someone solve this problem.

Thank you very much,

ivano.

• Re: R7 265 Driver Issue
          nano93

no one can help me? For two days PC freezes have increased, I do not know what to do. What test can I do to be sure what causes the problems?

Thankss

• Re: R7 265 Driver Issue
            tekkiaussie

Hi Ivano,

From what I can find online about that "prompt command" it seems to be related to a AVG (Anti-Virus) program issue. Could I check if you might have AVG installed on your system? If so I would suggest you "disable" it while attempting in install the AMD drivers. This issue might be occurring due to AVG not being updated and recognizing the install package as malicious. As long as you downloaded the driver directly from the AMD Driver Download page, there should not be able problem when installing, even if the Anti-Virus is disabled.